• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Umbretar (Umbreon/Tyranitar) (Seniors, Cities, possibly others if it goes well)

Inigo Montoya

Hatman/Imakuni?/Not Not-TDL
Pokemon (18)
3-2-3 Tyranitar (UL 51-UL 38-2 SF,1 Prime)
2-2 Umbreon UD (RR Eevee)
4 Sableye SF (Reason is obvious)
1 Unown RETURN (HS)(This guy has saved me so much with his drop power. I'm not taking him out)
1 Uxie

Trainers (25)
4 Super Scoop Up
3 Broken Time Space
3 Rare Candy
2 Prof. Elm's (These guys save me too whe I can't get a T-tar line in my starting hand)
2 Interviewer's Questions (My best source of energy, but running 3 of 'em just hurts the deck)
2 Collector's
2 Communication
2 Seeker
2 PONT
1 Energy Returner (Just in case a T-tar gets killed with lots of energy on it)
1 Expert Belt
1 Luxury Ball

Energy (17)
4 Special Dark
7 Basic Dark
4 DCE
2 Rescue Energy
(I know its a lot of energy, but the deck needs it)

Basically, you wanna start with either a Sableye or Larvitar with Rare Candy+T-tar in thehand. If you have both, put Sableye up. Build up a T-tar as fast as you can. Usually attaching 5 units of energy total is the max you should ever attach. Then use T-tar to finish everyone. If you can get one out fast enough they won't have enough bench and can't set up fast, so you just out speed them. Umbreon UD is if you get stuck and need to wall for a few turns or even just grab a quick KO with out the hassle of building a T-tar. Unown RETURN is good for taking energy off of T-tar when they're almost dead and you don't have like an SSU or anything else. Darkrai's drop power is a great tech also, auto sleep for the drop. People think that they win then you Darkrai their active and they lose. Its fun :D

Matchups:
Any Gengar varients- Auto win lol. They're weak to you, you resist, and the trainer lock just can't stop this.

Probably will update with more matchups as soon as I complete them.

RE: Umbretar (Seniors, Cities, possibly others if it goes well)

Made a few minor adjustments. also, bump.

i just played this guy, this deck is scary although i won w/ Scizor Prime(I think it was just luck). The only thing would be to change the call for family Eevee with the Signs of Evolution Eevee. You are already playing Pokemon Collector, and you can get it done first turn with Impersonate. The Signs of Evolution guarantees an Umbreon for no energy! Even though you can still get Umbreon with Sableye, it's good to have it if you are stuck w/ it first turn. I would run 1 RR Eevee and one UD eevee. And Lucian's might be better than Energy Returner because you can move the energy right away.

Actually, my main attacker is t-tar, not Umbreon. I want to get out a T-tar before everything else. But I guess you are right. *Makes more changes*

I have a few questions. First, why don't you play T-Tar Prime? The other question is, how did the RETURN Umown help you?(I think I mmighy know the answer already though). I play this deck, but with pure T-Tar prime(3).

Because I wanna play rogue, even though I have 2 t-tar prime. if I were to mix them then I would have a spread thing and a heavy crusher thing so it really wouldn't work out.
Secondly, that Unown helps because you need a lot of energy for t-tar, and if its about to get KO'd, then you can return the energies to your hand rather than wasting them into the discard pile.

Play at least 1 T-tar prime to get out of walls such as Scizor and Umbreon.

2 Signs of Evoloution, no no, 3, call for family eevee is what sableye is for. As a suggestion drop an ssu for a sableye or darkrai g to make darkrai md's power a bit more offensive. cya

Use UD umbreon. It is a great stall for setting up. Also try using ttar prime. I run something like this too.

Darkvoid, did you even READ the list? I have a 3-3 line of Umbreon, 2 of them being UD umbreon.

Edit: Updated list with better sets for the pokemon. Also took out an SF for a prime.

I'm not getting the point of Darkrai at all. Yeah, sure it's an auto sleep but decks have soooo many ways to play around Sleep, it's really not funny. Warp Point, Switch, Warp Energy, Poke Turn, flip Heads lol. None of the Pokemon you play in this deck abuse the sleep...I would really think about cutting them for more important cards like Uxie LA for quick drawpower, considering you play no draw in this deck.

dmaster out.

I don't have 20 dollars to waste on an Uxie. Any other cheaper and easier ways to draw?

@ hatman i dont recall uxie costing $20 maybe $10 or $12 at the most. also are you looking to trade for uxie?

I would trade for one, but my parents don't let me give away my adress on the internet.

So I'm looking through decks and building them on Redshark to see how they work. (i'm still fairly new to Pokemon as a TCG, but I've played quite a number of others.)

Regardless, I was wondering about the energy cards. After running a few mock scenarios I don't see how it's enogh, let alone to many. It seems to me that it has problems getting a T-tar out that can make use of the five energy cards it needs. Obviously the DCE's help it out, but it still seems rather difficult?

Okay, first of all.....AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Sableye SF x4
4-3-4 T-Tar Prime
Uxie LA x2 (or three)
~maybe~ Honchcrow G x1
Unown Q MD x1
~maybe~ Azelf LA x1

Goodness. What's with all of the T-Tar decks lately. Just think - it was only about three months ago that almost every serious player had no clue how to play it AND claimed it was a dead cause. LET'S SHOW 'EM T-TAR!!!

Forget what I said before, as Dmaster slapped me across the face with cold hard logic. Suggestion, drop your two darkrai and add in another umbreon UD, with more there's always more chance for playability. cya

I know not having enough money is still my excuse, but I don't have it for Uxies, but I may have one for an Azelf. Since I'm going to league today,. I'll see if I can trade for them. Also, Sensei, I don't wanna run all t-tar prime. I can go 2 SF and 2 Prime, but I want a heathy balance.

I'll tell you what, I'll drop my Darkrai and get another Sableye and an Uxie. I'll try for it, anyways.

Well, went to leage today. Traded for an Uxie and a Sableye, the only other cards i needed. Now I only have to get one more Umbreon, and I'm good. The deck did VERY well, except for against a Scizor prime/Steelix Prime deck. I had a bad start and could barely do anything after that. If I had a better start, I might've been able to do something.

Back