• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Umbreon/Scizor [Revisted] RR-on

toffeefi

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys, last month the pokebeach community (that's YOU guys! :D) helped me assemble my Umberon/Scizor Deck. Once again, here I am looking for your help! I have decided to recreate the same deck, but only using "RR-on" cards in the roster.

Here is my current deck list.

3 - 3 Umbreon UD / Espeon Prime
3 - 3 Scizor (Prime)
1 - 1 Blaziken FB Lv X
2 _______ (Used to be Unown Q)
3 Spiritomb AR
1 ________ (used to be Azelf)
1 _______ (used to be Uxie)

Pokemons: 21 (4 Spaces free)

3 Pokemon Collector
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Seeker
2 Palmer's Contribution
2 Judge
2 Bebe's Search
2 Expert Belt
2 _______ (Used to be Warp Point)
2 Super Scoop Up

T/S/S: 23 (2 Spaces Free)

4 Special Dark Energy
4 Special Metal Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
2 Dark Energy
2 Metal Energy

Energies: 16

Total: 60 (6 Spaces Free)

Strategy:

A wall/stall(ish) deck. This deck utilizes Spiritomb as a starter to slowdown the opponent while setting up my bench. Umbreon UD is here to punish Poke-power/body users and Scizor is here to punish special energy users while turning defense into offense by using Metal Scissors with Special Metal Energies. Blaziken FB Lv X is a tech to counter Vileplum UD and Dialga G Lv X.

So yeah. Which cards would be great to replace the older ones?

UnownQ - I was thinking about 1-1 Dodrio UD line to reduce all retreat costs by {C}{C} (which is essentially free). This will take a bit of set-up, but it is a lot sturdier than Unown Q.

Azelf, Uxie - It pains me to remove these guys from the deck. :( I also don't have ANY idea of which cards to replace these with.

Warp Point - It is a good card, but definitely not an essential part of the deck. Thought on this as well?

The Dodrio / duo idea isn't a bad idea, I ran one in my umbreon / scizor deck! some people thought it was good, some bad! but hey it worked for me

Warp points could go pokemon reversal ? It's flippy but atleast you get to pick :D? or switch (if you just wanna switch out your pokemon)

As for a draw engine, I used this in my scizor/breon deck as a poormans draw engine couse my uxies were in another deck!

Basiclly use Burned tower, or any other stadium that lets you get back energy from discard. Then run x4 Engineers adjustments which let you draw (3? or 4? cards), discarding an energy :) (which you get to have back)

Sorry, ninja edit. Also consider droping the 3 spiritombs, try using the skarmony with metal coat as your starter. It has decent HP as a basic to tank, you can attach a special metal using its attack to your scyther your building up or your already built up scizor and with the duo/drio you can retreat it (or let it die and use twins, depends on your play style I guess)

@cole'a - Thank you for the feedback. I really try to avoid flippy cards, so I thought what if:

- 1-1 Blaziken FB Lv X
+ 1-1 Infernape 4 Lv X

This way, I wouldn't Blaziken FB (or in this case Infernape 4) to be the active pokemon to switch out my opponent's pokemon. I was also thinking:

+ 2-2 Onix-Steelix Prime
+ 2 Double Colorless Energy
- 1 Rainbow Energy

for recovery. This works especially well because in case Scizor (which would probably have 3 Metal energies) gets knocked out, it will not be hard to recover special metal energies from the discard pile. Since the Steelix only allows the player to attach the energy onto itself, I would also need:

+ x Lucian's Assignment

This card will greatly help set-up another Scizor in no time!

EDITTED

Skarmory is great and all early game, but once it reaches Mid-Late game it really sucks (lol).

Back