• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Umbreon GX/Glaceon GX/Xurkitree GX Hit and Run

biffthepotato

It's Wednesday M'dudes
Sup. So, the idea of this deck is to use Umbreon's strafe attack to hit and run into Glaceon GX to lock your opponents ability's or into Xurkitree GX and friends to stall.

Pokemon: 16

3x Umbreon GX (SUM)
2x Glaceon GX
4x Eevee (SUM)
2x Xurkitree GX (ULP)
1x Wishiwashi GX (GAR)
1x Hoopa (SHL)
1x Magnerna (ULP)
2x Tapu Lele GX (GAR)

Trainers: 34

3x Professor Sycamore (BP)
2x Cynthia (ULP)
2x N (FCO)
2x Guzma (BUS)
2x Bridgette (BTH)

4x Ultra Ball (SUM)
4x Max potion GAR)
2x Enhanced Hammer (GAR)
2x Evosoda
2x Field Blower (GAR)
2x Rescue Stretcher (GAR)

3x Choice band (GAR)
4x Float Stone (BTH)

Energy: 10

8x Dark Energy
2x Double Colorless Energy (SUM)

So, the idea is to get out your Umbreon GX turn one and strafe into all your stall Pokemon being, Glaceon GX (EX/GX ability lock when in the active), Xurkitree GX (Pokemon with Special energy attached can't do any damage to it), Hoopa (Immune to EX and GX Pokemon), and Wishiwashi GX (has a tanky 210 HP). This deck doesn't play much DCE because you only want to use the DCE for Hoopa or Umbreon when you either want to stall or snipe something on the bench to get a KO, witch doesn't happen much because you really want to be using strafe.

Please tell me what you think of this deck list and idea and any advice is welcome, Thanks!!!

Not necessarily, it's a "Hit and Run" deck that just goes into tanky Pokemon that can't be 1HKOed, switches back into the umbreon, max potions the damage from the stall pokemon, and Repeats, you don't really need the extra HP.

I kind of want to add some Acerolas because you can pick up damage from your stall Pokemon and switch them out of the active, bench them again and strafe with Umbreon, but I don't know what to take out. Got any suggestions?

Strafe is a pretty poor attacking option and doesn't really compare well to past 'hit and run' decks like Donphan and Accelgor in that it does much less damage in a meta with more HP than ever, and it doesn't have a way to block/discourage your opponent from attacking. Donphan had strong energy and lived in a world where 180hp was the high end of what you'd realistically see in a standard game, and had robosubs to retreat to. Accelgor had paralysis in a world without Guzma being an easy special condition cure.

This deck leans very, very heavily on Hoopa, you're never going to deal with big GXes without it since Strafe isn't going to chip that much HP before your board gets swept clean. Guzma is in every deck and all of the biggest decks right now run fighting types, many of them non-GX (Lycanrock-GX's rockruff can OHKO Hoopa, Sudowoodo in Buzzwole can with strong energy and a regirock with a watch and learned strafe, Gallade in Garde/Zoroark obviously has no problems with it). Umbreon is always at risk of being Guzma'd and OHKO'd off the bench in this fighting heavy meta and once that happens your low damage deck becomes a no damage deck. While DCE and Strong Energy are big right now, all of these decks run enough basic energies of one kind or another to work around Xurkitree. Wishiwashi isn't safe from OHKO against Zoroark/Lycanrock or any variant of Buzzwole.

You'll get wins on inexperienced players with your stalling options, but all of the top lists right now have rock solid answers to what this deck is supposed to do. I don't think the game looks great for Umbreon right now, but if I were to play it, I'd probably do it with energy denial like some people did in early SM era. Have a high enhanced hammer count, crushing hammers, flare grunts and a skull grunt. Raticate EVO is a good one prize partner for energy denial Umbreon in this meta where you see a lot of 4-8 special energy decks. Fighting weakness/Guzma is still a major problem that I don't see too many good answers for though.

Less Sycamore and more N, u need to maintain ur deck size whilst milling them. Add Team Rockets Handiwork and acerola. Take out magearna and some dark energy

Quit hating on my hig and run deck because sometimes, you just gotta do for the Memes.

I don’t like N at all but it might be decent in this deck because you don’t take much prizes and I might add some more.

Quit hating on my hig and run deck because sometimes, you just gotta do for the Memes.

I don’t like N at all but it might be decent in this deck because you don’t take much prizes and I might add some more.
Memes, errm tell that to my friend. Turt Tauros failed.

You my friend get the following award:

YOU'VE RUINED THE PURPOSE OF GLACEON GX

Congrats dude.

This just isn't what Glaceon is meant for dude!

So, just looking at this list, I see a few problems:

1. You are only using 2 DCEs. Considering the other Energy you have in the deck, I'd say you are most often attacking with Umbreon, and occasionally Hoopa, which is ok, but I think you could do a bit better.
2. Draw support. Typically, Standard format decks use a 4-3 line of Sycamore/N. I understand that you are using Cynthia, but in decks like this, it is always helpful to be able to get what you need as quick as possible.
3. The Pokemon. This is just me thinking out loud here (and I mean no disrespect when I say this), but it genuinely looks like you are trying to combine 3 different decks into one (these decks being Wailord Stall or whatever it is called, Glaceon Lock, and whatever people play Umbreon with). Having just a bunch of random stuff doesn't exactly help with consistency.

That being said, here is what I would suggest:
1. Try to pick one idea and run with it. Believe me when I say that having a bunch of random stuff thrown together does not work. If you are wanting to do stuff with Glaceon, I have a few ideas if you are interested.
2. Try to be accepting of others' suggestions. Many of the people who comment on these kinds of posts have at least some competitive experience. If you don't like peoples' suggestions, you don't have to use them. However, it is to your benefit to at least listen to what people have to say.

Thanks,
-Alpha

It would appear as if your 60 damage attack will take a long time to knock something out.
Choices are necessary.

What is your counter to Guzma Almighty?

Why are you playing 8 Dark Energy for a deck that needs 1 energy to attack? Good downgrade, but not enough.

Suggestions:
-3 Dark Energy
+1 Professor’s Letter
+2 Rotom Dex Poké Finder Mode (Rotom Camera Item)
(Trust me, they’re good.)

I quote Sina:
Bonne Chance!

Back