Ultra PRO 'Seaside' Pokemon TCG Accessories This Summer!

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Now that's what I call a Poke Beach.
Speaking of, official PokeBeach merch when?

Yen

Aspiring Trainer
Nothing says "cash grab" like 17-year-old illustrations over some generic backgrounds

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
To be honest, I am really not a big fan of Ken Sugimori artwork on products, especially those pass gen 2. I just find it too ordinary, compared to those of other artists.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Lol is such a lazy artwork, but will still pick a playmat up to use over summer lol

Whitefinch

IG: rotomcollector
I thought I was looking at placeholder artwork at first. :(

I love Ken Sugimori's original illustrations but I can't stand these copy/pasted graphics, they're incredibly lazy and look so unimpressive.

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
"No human language can describe the disappointment I'm feeling right now"

Yeah, cause why wouldn't I chose generic static images over stuff like this, god forbid the American branch tries.
4521329290539.jpg

4521329306384_01.jpg

4521329306414_01.jpg

4521329306261_01.jpg

4521329305844.jpg

4521329289847.jpg

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Hey, I thought it was a cute idea! All you’re doing by showing the Japanese sleeves is making me second guess my joy at Lapras getting on another set of sleeves! I remember buying a Lapras Surfs Up playmat a while back, and since the sleeves are out of stock it’s nice to have this option!
Then again, the Japanese sleeves are also amazing.
HOWEVER— does Japan get our Elite Trainer Box sleeves? Not saying they’re in the same league with Japanese sleeves, but if they’re exclusive to the Western ETB, that’s a type of sleeve only we get.
Let me ask you... is creating beautifully detailed Japanese sleeves and then creating simple but charming sleeves for Western release really that much lazier than using the exact same design anywhere? Because now you’re designing more unique types of sleeves and having to give them dedicated manufacturing equipment.

Also, if you honestly prefer the Japanese sleeves enough that you’re willing to pay extra for shipping instead of using Ultra Pro, ETB, or Pokémon Center sleeves, it’s not impossible, even if it’s not the cheapest.
And it’s not as if the western Pokémon Center never gets cool sleeves that aren’t available in Japan. What about Lapras Surfs Up? What about Mew Celestial Circles?

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
(I apologize for the pic spam.)

It goes a little beyond the sleeves. Its also deck boxes, binders, playmats. Promotions such as receiving a promo card like the illustration promos (Gardevoir and the recent Charizard) or special bag or item when you make a specific purchase. Yeah Pokemon Center had the special delivery Pikachu and ornament but how long did those last? A Day until they where out? the Japanese ones lasted almost months. Posters. Figures. Plushies. We get a FRACTION of whats offered in Japan. Not to mention that theres ZERO stock in the US while I can order booster boxes RIGHT NOW off the Japanese website. You can't even TELL whats in stock or not until you click it (Clicking too fast gets you a ban) where as Japanese site has the decency to have an "X" through the thumbnail to show out of stock.

If you love Lapras, there's NO reason they can't release these.
1174071.jpg

And to answer your question, yes, they do get Elite Trainer boxes:
1605958309_nessa-shiny-star-v-special-booster-set-3-500x500.jpg

s-l300.jpg

91rydGT5wiL._AC_SL1500_-600x368.jpg

I understand that some people are satisfied with the Gyarados and Lapras accessories that are being promoted, but you have to understand that this is literally the BARE MINIMUM that any bootleger could do. I could literally take a forest, slap Sugimori's FRLG Venusaur art on it, go on Red Bubble and be done in 20 minutes. In fact, I just did in 6 minutes after typing that accusation:
https://www.redbubble.com/shop/ap/75691765
(Please don't buy it)

Instead of pushing better accessories they're pushing inferior work with no stock to back it up. And I don't blame them for the stock issue, I really don't, the last 6-12 months has been a nightmare for the hobby. I apologize for making about more than the sleeves but this has really been building up for some time with me the incompetence TPCi has been getting away with. Do not take my complaining as a reflection on anyone else or the site, this is just one fan being constantly disappointed.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
How much more difficult would it be for TPCi to release some of Japan's Pokémon card sleeves over here instead? Am I missing something...? Because those Eeveelution sleeves/playmat that released for Shocking Volt Tackle would sell out pretty fast, I'd think.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
"No human language can describe the disappointment I'm feeling right now"

Yeah, cause why wouldn't I chose generic static images over stuff like this, god forbid the American branch tries.
4521329290539.jpg

4521329306384_01.jpg

4521329306414_01.jpg

4521329306261_01.jpg

4521329305844.jpg

4521329289847.jpg

Yeah but that would imply some kind of effort from the North American branch's end.

and we all know if they hate two things, one being actually caring about their players, then the other is putting in effort.

Technically these are being marketed by Ultra Pro instead of Pokémon Center. The Pokémon Center sleeves actually look cool, even if they aren’t on the same level as the full Japanese line.

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
So they're perfectly fine adapting cards from sets into english products but not......products? Why don't we regularly get japan's sleeves, boxes, playmats and binders and instead get high school art projects like this?
I don't wanna shit on an innocent product so much but man, these reek. Could've also been something like Milotic and Alolan exeggutor but those aren't gen 1 so they probably wouldn't make much money from children's pockets...