Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
UltraPRO has announced a new “Elite Series” line featuring Pikachu! According to some distributors, they will release in the first quarter of 2022.

15772-300x300.jpg

Pikachu 12-Pocket Zippered PRO-Binder ($46.99)

15774-300x300.jpg

9-Pocket Zippered PRO-Binder ($36.99)

15773-300x300.jpg

Pikachu Alcove Flip Box ($21.99)

15773_1-300x300.jpg

Pikachu Alcove Flip Box (Opened)

These are some of the most expensive binders and deck boxes Ultra PRO has ever released for Pokemon. They feature padded leatherette and foil detailing.
This is also the first time we’ve seen a 12-pocket binder.
Here are the product descriptions:
Elite Series: Pikachu 12-Pocket Zippered PRO-Binder for Pokémon...

Continue reading...

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
C'mon guys, stop hating on "stock art!" Ken Sugimori worked HARD to make that stuff!
Well, I guess it is kind of lame.
Is Ultra Pro only allowed to use stock Pokemon art/set key art? I haven't seen them release anything with original art.
You know what, you're probably on to something.
It's only expensive if you buy it, of which I will not
I'm sure many of you are feeling the same way, and that still more of you are wishing that there was any way of obtaining supplies from the JAPANESE POKEMON CENTER...
https://www.remambo.jp/japanese-online-stores/pokemon-center-online-japan
... so I'll just post my usual friendly reminder that, like with any type of exotic goods, you just have to find the correct purveyor in order to obtain it. In this case, Remambo is a website you can use to order products "directly" from the Japanese Pokémon Center, which extends to Japanese Pokémon cards (although I'm not sure if ordering those is currently possible, considering the presence of the lottery system).

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
It's not just Ultra Pro. Even official Pokemon TCG product (boxes) keep using Sugimori art + random patterns, regardless of expansion. They don't even use the art that's on the damn card. Some Elite Trainer Boxes use stylized card art, but most still go with Sugimori.
Is this some kind of weird internal art fight, or extreme cost cutting? We'll never know.

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
C'mon guys, stop hating on "stock art!" Ken Sugimori worked HARD to make that stuff!
Well, I guess it is kind of lame.

I'm sure many of you are feeling the same way, and that still more of you are wishing that there was any way of obtaining supplies from the JAPANESE POKEMON CENTER...
https://www.remambo.jp/japanese-online-stores/pokemon-center-online-japan
... so I'll just post my usual friendly reminder that, like with any type of exotic goods, you just have to find the correct purveyor in order to obtain it. In this case, Remambo is a website you can use to order products "directly" from the Japanese Pokémon Center, which extends to Japanese Pokémon cards (although I'm not sure if ordering those is currently possible, considering the presence of the lottery system).
I do actually buy my sleeves and supplies from Japan or eBay, and I usually end up paying more on the import than I do Ultra Pro by almost 2-3x. Half the money is going to importers and third parties.

I wanna say its possibly royalty issues but I have a somewhat pessimistic idea why they refuse to release better stuff here in the west or other asian countries. So I think for the time being and for a long time in the future, anything Ultra Pro x Pokemon related will be a meme. I've honestly been slowly peeling away from Pokemon and when I see things like THIS as being the highlight of US releases, it just enforces why I'm kinda getting tired of Pokemon. I LOVE Pokemon, but I feel Pokemon doesn't love me.

Last edited:

LightYearLiam

At least the stock art is used in a more interesting way than usual. I think it's fairly visually appealing, but it's disappointing they didn't use something more compelling.

tenkarasu

Aspiring Trainer
Are there not already "expensive" Ultra-Pro products out there? Is this better quality than the stuff that's already available?
Full disclosure: I work for an FLGS. The store I work for has Ultra-Pro Premium binders and deck boxes with Mewtwo, and they are gray with a purple holo shadow for Mewtwo. They're already pretty high quality...