• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Ultra Necrozma-GX / Malamar

Angel Duran

Aspiring Trainer
I know it's a bit too early,but i just can't get this thing out of my head,it's just so good tho! Here's the list that i am currently running,i know it kinda looks weird or excessive,but hey it have worked so good for me,feel free to change it as much as you want.

Pokémon - 15

3x Ultra Necrozma-GX FOL
3x Malamar FOL
3x Inkay FOL
2x Mew FCO 29

2x Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX UPR 63
2x Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

Trainer Cards - 33

4x Cynthia UPR 119
4x Professor Sycamore BKP 107
4x Guzma BUS 115
2x N FCO 105
2x Skyla BKT 148
4x Ultra Ball SLG 68
4x Mystery Treasure FOL
2x Professor's Letter BKT 146
2x Float Stone BKT 137
2x Field Blower GRI 125
1x Parallel City BKT 145
2x Choice Band GRI 121

Energy - 12

8x Psychic Energy SUM 168
3x Metal Energy SUM 171
1x Beast Energy Prism Star FOL

Total Cards - 60

The Strategy

Turn one.
It's very simple and easy, you can start of with ultra necrozma on the active then with the help of your draw supporters,ultra balls and even the new card Mystery Treasure (discard a card from your hand,search in your deck for a psychic or dragon pokemon) in this process you can put some energys on your discard pile,then get a couple of inkays on the bench and if you also can,get a dawn wings necrozma-GX on the bench too,then attach a metal energy or the beast energy prism (this card provides every type of energy when it's attached to a ultra beast and it gives 30 more damage to the attacks of that ultra beast) to your ultra necrozma,if you do not have it on your hand you could use a draw supporter and hope to get a professor's letter,or you can better search for it with skyla.

Turn 2.
On turn two you use some of your resources to get the malamars,and to get a float stone onto your dawn wings,if you get that you will be fully set up,now it's just a matter of using dawn wings invasion ability (once during your turn,if this pokemon is on your bench,you can switch it with your active pokemon) then charge up the ultra necrozma with malamar's ability (once during your turn,you may attach a psychic energy from your discard pile to 1 of your benched pokemon) then you just retreat your dawn wings with the float stone or if you did'nt get the float stone you can just guzma whatever you want from your oponent's bench.

And on the following turns you just repeat all the stuff you did on turn two,easy right?

Last edited:
Hi Angel Duran,

Nice list. Consider these modifications:

- 2 Skyla (Not needed since you will draw into the resources with ease)
- 1 Guzma (three are sufficient and Brigette still helps the deck a lot to set up)
- 2 Float Stone (Alatar of the Moone is more flexible and does not fuel Garbodor)
- 1 Ultra Ball (with Brigette seven search items suffice from experience to get set up)

+ 1 Brigette (search out two Inkay and an attacker turn one with Tapu Lele GX)
+ 2 Altar of the Moone (free retreat for everyone with a Psychic Energy attached and does not need to be a tool attached to anyone)
+ 1 Choice Band (three are needed in this deck to get the turn two ohkos)

+ 1 Psychic Energy (Since you want to discard some of them turn one, which means you want them in the openening hand)
+ 1 Metal Energy (Since the deck runs two Mew FCO to mimic Ultra Necrozma more Metal Energies are needed since Mew is ohkoed on the next turn)

I would even consider to replace the single Parallel City with a third Field Blower since the deck relies a lot on abilities and Parallel City is not needed in a meta where Zoroark does not have access to Sky Field). On a side note: Mew's main benefit is that he is a non-Gx attacker and that he can trade favorably with other GX attackers. The deck does not need to hit for weakness to succeed. This is the main benefits of Ultra Necrozma being a Dragon type. Hope this provides some initial assistance. Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Back