Ruling Ultra Forest Kartenvoy

Ardma-Rohar

Once upon a time, I was a Snorlax.
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to answer my ruling question on Ultra Forest kartenvoy (During this turn, damage from your Ultra Beasts' attacks isn't affected by any effects on your opponent's Active Pokémon)?

Does this card allow Ultra Beasts to attack through things such as Keldeo GX's ability (Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by the attacks of your opponent's Pokémon-GX or Pokémon-EX) and Altaria GX's attack Bright Tone (Prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from Pokémon-GX and Pokémon-EX during your opponent's next turn)?

Any information is appreciated, thanks :D

If you had a Blacephalon GX attacking a Whimsicott GX, with Ultra Forest Kartenvoy active, you would flip the coin for Whimsicott but you would not cancel the damage if it landed heads (as the "prevent the damage" effect would be prevented by Ultra Forest Kartenvoy).

This is identical to Double Blaze with the additional bonus effect. From the Compendium:

http://compendium.pokegym.net/compendium-bw.html said:
Q. If Reshiram & Charizard GX has the extra 3 Fire Energy for "Double Blaze GX's" bonus effect and attacks a Whimsicott GX with "Fluffy Cotton" Ability, does the Whimsicott GX get to flip for "Fluffy Cotton" or does the "Double Blaze GX" attack go through automatically?
A. Technically speaking you still flip for Fluffy Cotton, but regardless of the flip's outcome the Double Blaze GX attack ignores the effect and does the damage anyway. (Jun 27, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)
p/quote]

Back