• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Ultimate Lock (Exeggutor / Vileplume / Ariados)

Ghazernado

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 21
  • 3-3 Exeggutor
  • 3-3-3 Vileplume
  • 2-2 Ariados
  • 2 Shaymin-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 31
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Giant Plant Forest
  • 3 Virbank City Gym
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Shauna
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Team Flare Grunt
  • 3 Professor Birch’s Observations
Energy: 8
  • 8 Grass Energy
Strategy:

The strategy of this deck is relatively simple, do as much as you can to get Vileplume and Exeggutor out first turn to completely lock down your opponent. If your opponent gets setup however, Flare Grunt is there to discard energy and Ariados and Virbank are there to have consistent poison damage every turn.

This is totally not banned (exeggutor is considered for ban for extended probably due to this), but this version, I'm less afraid because you have no xerosic and flare grunt only works on the active making it less of a threat.

suggestion though, take out the level balls for fan club and battle compressor, compressor is essentially a better version of level ball in this deck as eggs buffer the ultra ball for setup and get an exeggutor on the bench asap, fan club works for you once vileplume is ready to go and since this version is more about being aggressive it's better to have as many basic/lock and status lock cards setup asap.

Virbank isn't that great, a 3rd lysandre, 2 xerosic, supporters that works for you plus the evo threat should be the major play in here.

The idea to lock both supporters and items is pretty cruel. However I don't believe this is the ultimate deck. Exeggutor's attack doesn't do any mayor damage, Though I see you have Vibrank city gym and Ariados to inflict poison. That's not going to work against any other grass deck. And you're opponent can still play stadium cards. So what I think is likely to happen is that you're opponent will attach the necessary energy to one of his pokemon before you can K.O. it.

I think you could get away without grass energy, seeing as you only need colorless to attack. Perhaps you could splash in a fire type and run fire energies instead. If this is expanded perhaps a victini ex, but there are lots of other easy to set up fire types you could splash in there.

This deck will always lose to decks that play Pokemon like Mewtwo EX. Virizion EX/Mewtwo EX/Bouffalant is a very popular deck in expanded and would have no problem against this deck. The fact that your damage caps off at 60 a turn with Muscle Band + LaserBank also means that you'll be looking at around 2-3 turns to score a KO. Pokemon like Mewtwo or Yveltal, which can do 40-80 damage (and 60-100 with a Muscle Band) with just one or two energy attachments will simply be able to out muscle this deck and eventually blow past it. Other decks like Primal Groudon/Kyogre or Manectric also are a huge concern as the Megas each have 210+ HP. Kyogre and Manectric also have Rough Seas which will severely dimish your damage as it removes Virbank and completely heals off Blockade's damage. Against a deck like Seismitoad or Wailord, this deck gets a near auto win though, as you will eventually be able to out stall them.

Back