Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9/10 great team

• 10/10 dude you're my idol

• Total voters

cyndalaphlosion

Aspiring Trainer
I need help with this team, it's good and all, but I'm deciding whether to use Kyogre or Groudon. Probably Groudon, but I still need who to take out someone and I don't know who. Anyways, I'll get back to this later. I present you with my team.

The Team Edit
Deoxys-S Kyogre
Ditto Palkia
Genosect Rayquaza

deoxyse.png

Deoxys-S Lead Item:Focus Sash
Jolly Spd+ SpAtk-
EVs (4HP, 252Atk, 252Spd)
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes
-Extremespeed
-Taunt

Deoxys-S is a great lead, usually stealth rock and 1 layer of spikes are set-up, meaning grounded pokemon that don't resist stealth rock lose 25% of their Hp. Just the fact that I use Deoxy-S makes other go into "Auto-Taunt", so I don't even have to use the move.

genosect.png

Choice Scarf Genosect Item:Choice Scarf
Timid Spd+ Atk-
Download
EVs: (4 Hp, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd)
-BugBuzz
-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

Genosect, in my opinion, is one of the best revenge killers in Ubers, among other things. His awesome coverage is great taking down Mewtwo (which is always a good thing), Darkrai (without focus sash), Rayquaza, Etc. He usually switches at the site of fire type moves, meaning he's usually there later in the game. He's also great for speed, of which he out speeds many things in Ubers. Plus, his only weakness is resisted by half the team providing lots of switches. He's the last thing i'd take off this team.

ani132.gif

Choice Scarf Ditto Item: Choice Scarf
Timid Spd+ Atk-
EVs: (Hp252, 4Def, Spd252)
Eccentric>Limber
-Transform

Ditto rocks house! Eccentric made the blob Uber, and for good reasons.
Since most pokemon have the ability to counter themselves, meaning Ditto is the ultimate counter. I also learned while playing with him that when you transform via Eccentric, you also get their stat boosts. Yeah, swords dance Rayquaza will cry when you come on the swords dance, copy the boost and destroy everything until outrage confuses you. Kyogre won't like thunder coming from it's self.

rayquaza.png

DD Rayquaza Item:Life Orb
Jolly Spd+SpAtk-
-Dragon Dance
-Extreme Speed
-Outrage
-Earthquake

Rayquaza play two roles, a sweeper and revenge killer via Extreme Speed. Stab Outrage is good, Earthquake for coverage, and Extreme speed, for Extreme speedy-ness. Rayquaza is really threating, and my favorite pokemon, allowing him to be on my team.

palkia.png

Mixed Palkia Item: Lustrous Orb
Hasty Spd+ Def-
EVs: (4Atk, 232SpAtk, 20SpDef, 252Spd)
Pressure>Telepathy
-Spacial Rend
-Surf
-Outrage
-Fireblast

Man I love Palkia, he's role as special attacker is great, and is typing is fantastic for this team (4x resistance to fire!). The moveset is great, but doesn't allow type advantage against Kyogre, which can blast me back pretty hard. The SpDef EVs give me added bulk against kyogre. Palkia's great for this team and in general.

kyogre.png

Rest Talk Kyogre Item: Life orb
Bold Def+ Atk-
EVs (20Hp, 236Def, 252SpAtk)
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Calm Mind
-Boil over

King of Ubers, yeah, he his! His gigantic special attack is risen even further more to ridiculous measures cause of calm mind. Defence EVs and boil over help against physical attacks, and calm mind make him specially bulky. Life orb recoil is okay since rest is present.

The simple stratgy is to set-up Rocks and at least one layer of spikes, then sweep with Palkia or Kyogre. If they get Ko'd I switch in either Rayquaza, Genosect or Ditto and finish the job.

Weaknesses: Hax and Arceus...
This team has been modified greatly, you ask why, well because as my ranking soared on PO, my match-ups were a lot stronger and I started to lose. So the play testing phase started, and this was the result. These were my swaps.

Forretress < Deoxys-S
Garchomp < Kyogre
Rayquaza > Ho-oh

So there. Please give me a ranking and suggestions. If you think I should put back one of the old members, please tell me why.

I would like to suggest the Specially Defencive set for Forretress. It has better sp. def and uses both Spikes and Toxic Spikes to whittle away health much faster then the standard set you are running right now.

Your team seems a lot more offensive than defensive so I would recommend trading either Toxic Spikes or Earthquake for regular Spikes. On average Payback hits things better in Ubers because many Pokemon resist steel attacks.

On Garchomp, Fire Fang just isn't strong enough in Ubers to be used effectively. Stone Edge would help it greatly against Lugia which your team seems like it could have a hard time against. I'd rather use Outrage on Garchomp instead of Double Chop because of the sheer power. I know its a matter of personal preference, but some Pokemon are hard to switch in against.

The trouble with running Kyogre or Groudon on your team is Palkia's Surf is weakened by Groudon forcing it to rely on Fire Blast and Spacial Rend. Kyogre weakens Ho-Oh's effectiveness by only really letting it use Brave Bird effectively.

I agree de. I think special defense Forretress would be a better pick of the pure physical defense one he is running now.

I don't know whether to change toxic spikes due to another turn of set-up, but i'll probably go with payback.
Fire fang was there before I had fireblast on palkia, so I'll definitly switch that out for stonedge. Double chop is awesome for breaking through subs that hitting for the KO, Plus if I get stuck on outrage, forretress or nattorei can stall me and get spikes or toxic spikes set-up.

Yeah, i'll stick with the rest of the team.
Edit: made some changes, just testing them out on pokemon online.

I think Roost over Recover would be a good idea to. This would only make Ho-Oh 2x weak to Rock attacks and it would take nuetral damage from Electric attacks and be resistant to Ice attacks.

Yeah, but that's IF I go first, and since ho-oh is slow, that won't happen. Plus if I choose roost, I can't use regeneration since roost is fourth gen TM.

The two main changes are change Toxic Spikes to Spikes and EQ to Payback on forretress. Also more importantly you need to switch Substitute for Nitro Charge on Ho-Oh. Nitro Charge Ho-Oh is very powerfull and can't really be stopped after some speed boosts if it's in the sun. Groudon would be a great partner.

Meh, my rate won't be on moves so much, Just sayin'. Anyways, since most of the pokemon on your team benefit more from rain (Due to typing), go with Kyogre and take out Ho-oh as he will be useless with Rain going.

I not going with kyogre or groundon. If I use Kyogre, then if garchomp is out, Blissey will stall me to death. If i go with groundon, then palkia kills me. This team functions fine without them.

Back