• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Tyranitar Prime

YAGD

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys, I'm new to deck building so any advice is appreciated.

Pokemon: 22
Tyranitar Prime - 4-3-4
Ampharos PL- 2-1-2
Spiritomb AL- 2
Unown Q - 2
Uxie LA- 2

Energy: 14
Double Colorless Energy 4
Darkness Energy (sepecial) 4
Darkness Energy (normal) 2
Warp Energy: 2
Rainbow Energy: 2

Trainers: 24
Rare Candy: 3
Professor Oaks New Theory: 3
Pokemon Collector: 3
Bebe's Search: 3
Bench Shield: 2
Expert Belt: 2
Lookers Investigation: 2
Cynthia's Feelings: 2
Palmers Contribution: 2
Sage's Training: 1
Interviewer's Questions: 1

Strategy:
This is all theoretical because I haven't tested this deck out yet.

In the begging of the game you start with a Spiritomb and work towards getting Tyranitar Prime and Ampharos on the bench. Ideally you also start with Unown Q aswell so you can switch Spiritomb out of danger when needed, and work to evolving. Pokemon collector is a big help with Spiritomb because it lets you get an Unown, Larvitar and Mareep out. You can also switch Spiritomb out early if you happen to draw a rare candy and a stage 3 pokemon.

If you don't start with Spiritomb thats also OK, rare candy is a big help in these situations. Bebe's search + Rare Candy will be used more often than not in this deck.

It's important to remember to try getting Ampharos on your bench and adding a Bench Shield to him. From there you use Darkness howl with Tyranitar, and your opponent won't be able to use any pokepowers. This really helps weaken Gengar decks because you don't have to worry about Fainting Spell.

I threw in Rainbow energy incase you can't get Tyranitar on the feild and have to use Ampharos/Flaafy/Mareep as an attack. I also added in Warp Energies incase you need to switch Tyranitar when he is about to get KO'ed.

I don't really see a purpose for using Ampharos PL. It's a good attacker, but it doesn't fit into the strategy. Kingdra Prime's power let' you single damage onto specific targets or spread them out. Paired with T-Tar prime and Spiritomb it is much better at spreading damage throughout your opponent's benched pokemon.

Might i suggest:

- 1-0-1 T-Tar prime (Too many clogs up your bench)
- 2-1-2 Ampharos
-2 Cynthia's Feelings
-1 Sage's Training
-2 Palmer's Contribution
-2 Looker's Investigation
-2 Rainbow Energy
-2 Warp Energy
-1 Rare Candy

+3 Crobat G
+ 3-2-3 Kingdra Prime
+3 Broken Time Space
+4 Poketurn