JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
The Tyranitar line was revealed from the upcoming set Pokemon GO, which releases in Japan on June 17th and internationally on July 1st.
Larvitar – Fighting – HP60
Basic Pokemon
[C] Rock Smash: 10+ damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 10 more damage.
Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Pupitar – Fighting – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Larvitar
[C] Crashing Bullet: 20 damage. This attack also does 20 damage to each Benched Pokemon. (Yours and your opponent’s. Don’t apply Weakness and...

Continue reading...

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
Very strong attack by tyranitar. Just the fact its a stage 2 makes it useless. So sad we we have had to say that for an entire decade by this point

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Nice, so Tyranitar DOES have the same weakness as his Rock type that was released a couple of sets ago.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
What do the freaks that design these cards have against psuedo-legendaries? I can't be the only one who's noticed that they're usually always mid, right?

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
The attack itself isn't that bad with Gapejaw Bog and spreading a bit with a Pupitar! The real killer here, more than anything, is that it's on a Stage 2 and that Larvitar has 60 HP.

After Gapejaw and a Pupitar, that leaves it just in range for Quick Shooting, and that sucks.

Edit:

I do have to wonder if maybe a Bisharp deck could make use of the Pupitar, at least. 20 damage on your bench * 4 = another 120 damage bare minimum, but the same problem applies.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Alright glad it's universally understood that we're all throwing Golden Razzes at Larvitar we find out there

LightYearLiam

Dang...after the Kanto starters, I was hoping they learned how to make interesting and potentially good Stage 2s...guess I was wrong.