• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Tyranitar and Friends! (Tyranitar / Yveltal / Darkrai EX / Landorus)

Ocho

Aspiring Trainer
This is an unlimited deck that I've been playing forever. It does well, and I tweak it if new cards come out that are useful so here we go!

Pokemon: 16

• 3/3/2 Tyranitar (UL50/UL38/SF)
    4 Hitmonchan (UD/FF)
    2 Yveltal (XY)
    1 Landorus (FF)
    1 Darkrai EX (LTR)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 30

• 2 Juniper
    2 Shauna
    1 Bianca
    1 Cheren
    2 Roller Skates
    2 Korrina
    3 Energy Search
    3 Energy Retrieval
    2 Pokemon Communication
    1 Bebe's Search
    1 Pokemon Fan Club
    2 Ultra Ball
    2 Great Ball
    2 Evosoda
    2 Pokemon Center Lady
    1 Sacred Ash
    1 Gold Potion (ACE SPEC)
Energy: 14

• 2 Strong Energy
    8 Darkness Energy
    4 Fighting Energy

Strategy: My strategy for this deck is actually pretty simple. The main thing I focus on is taking as many prizes as possible with Tyranitar. Ideally I can set up Tyranitar by turn 3 and start piling energy onto him. Yveltal and Landorus are here to help accelerate the energy attachments to Tyranitar, and are also back up attackers in case of emergency. I love Hitmonchan so it's always included in my fighting decks. I run 2 Hitmonchan Undaunted for stalling with Detect, and 2 Hitmonchan FF as a starter or backup attacker with a strong energy. Darkrai-EX is here for the free retreat so my team can hit and run and keep my heavy Tyranitar alive.

With 5 Darkness Energy on Tyranitar I can hit every enemy Pokemon for 30 damage or hit the active for 100 damage. While those numbers aren't great by today's standards, hitting the bench for 30 over a few turns wins me many games, and with Yveltal and Landorus/strong energy as backup attackers who can cycle in and out with Tyranitar, this deck does very well even at a low damage output. I've even switched between Darkrai-EX and Tyranitar to constantly pummel the bench for prizes. Obviously since I need 5 Darkness energies on a stage 2 this deck struggles or gets destroyed by super fast decks.

I'm open to suggestions as always, but please remember this is an unlimited deck and is not designed to be a contender in the meta haha! Thanks everyone!

RE: Tyranitar and friends! (Tyranitar/Yveltal/Darkrai-ex/Landorus)

i cant understand why 332 in tyranitar. why not 3-1-3 with some rare candies? also up the junipers to 3-4

RE: Tyranitar and friends! (Tyranitar/Yveltal/Darkrai-ex/Landorus)

stormESP said:
i cant understand why 332 in tyranitar. why not 3-1-3 with some rare candies? also up the junipers to 3-4

3/1/3 Tyranitar with rare candy is definitely worth trying :) The reason I've played 3/3/2 Tyranitar for so long is because I've always found it difficult to set up more than one Tyranitar at a time (with enough energy on each to be close to attack mode) so I play 2 Tyranitar for consistency with the objective of only setting up one...the extra Larvitar and Pupitar are there for consistency and setting up easily and are easy discards.

I can try 3/1/3 Tyranitar with 3 rare candies and that would mean swapping two other cards out for rare candies...any suggestions? I can easily swap Cheren or Bianca for a Juniper.

Back