• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Typhlosion / Unown

fr33land

Weak competitive trainer.
Pokémon: 12
  • 4 Cyndaquil BKT 18
  • 1 Quilava BKT 19
  • 3 Typhlosion BKT 20
  • 4 Unown AOR 30
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Heavy Ball
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 1 Brigette
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 3 Energy Recycler
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Blacksmith
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Scorched Earth
  • 2 Skyla
Energy: 13
  • 1 Burning Energy
  • 12 Fire Energy
Strategy:

Discard everything.
Evolve Typhlosion.
Blacksmith.
Flare Destroy.
Discard Everything.
Energy Recycler.
Massive Eruption,

My buddy plays a deck similar to this. But he doesn't use the items, nor the unknown like you have; he runs 29 energies and fishermen/energy recyclers and a couple different trainers. He also uses Entei as a secondary/set-up attacker. Pretty speedy/consistent deck most of the time.

One thing you could add to this deck is Scarmory, so to get the Cyndaquils out early. I'd also max the number VS Seekers to four, so that you can retrieve supporters that the battle compressors can discard for you.

Yeah, I should go up 1 VS Seeker. I need 3 of anything I really want to use consistently because of the danger Massive Eruption poses early and mid game. One thing I will say is Brigette is key, I have 2 copies IRL, but online, not so much. Makes the set up awesome. This list work really well at evolving multiple Typhlosion's normally and almost always turn 2, but often it's hard to get Flare Destroy going well since Massive Eruption is not an option that early. It relies on the deck being super thin and the use of Energy Recycler, since lots of energy can be used up getting Typhlosion ready and so on. I want to run a list that isn't 40% energy so that set up is more consistent. When it works Massive Eruption is 320-400 damage reliably, by turn 4 and on the deck is all energy.
Problem is all the Regice around. Weakness means all my pokes get KO'd before the end game.

I would make a bit of room for Octillery in this, he can provide a consistent amount of draw. Maybe cut a Heavy Ball and Ultra Ball for 2 Level Balls to get out your Cyndaquils and Octilleries, if you do this.

Regice is kind of tricky. Do they get set up with DCE? If so, a copy of Xerosic or Jirachi promo could help you out.

Twelve energy isn't enough to use Massive Eruption efficiently. Pick an attack and focus your deck around it. They have two completely different builds.

. . .
I just hate hoping I get an excellent draw so I can get set up when I always get a mitt full of energy instead of what I need to evolve a bunch of attackers. Too much energy seems to make it win or lose depending on how your start is. This way I can go full bore getting set up, then I Energy Recycle when the deck is super thin and I get very consistent results.

Back