• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Typhlosion Explosion

Mr Ritchy

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon (9):
  • 4 Typhlosion (BKT 20)
  • 1 Quilava (BKT 19)
  • 4 Cyndaquil (BKT 18)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (22):
  • 2 Energy Recycler
  • 2 Super Rod
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 3 Skyla
  • 3 Judge
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Psychic's Third Eye
  • 1 Teammates
Energy (29):
  • 29 Fire Energy
Strategy:

This is my first deck I've built in 4+ years and I'd like some feed back

My goal is try to get Typhlosion out fast and use Massive Eruption to try and 1 shot everything. That's why I have 29 fire energies to maximize the chance for 160+ damage per turn.

Last edited:
Try Unowns or the ever present Shaymin EX.
Try Trainer's Mail, Misty's Determination and max out on Energy Recyclers, also Scorched Earth is a must have with so many fire energies (what else will you do with them when you have a hand full)
Trainer's Mail and Misty's can grab out your Energy Recyclers and important stuff without drawing energies, just like Skyla.
A few more Quilava will mean you are less auto loss to item lock and while you need Rare Candy for speed, evolving a few slowly will help you have multiple attackers.
Brigette is a very good first turn supporter that can get you multiple Cyndaquil so you don't get donked while you wait till your second turn to Rare Candy Typhlosion

I had a much different take on this deck, I posted a thread in the Deck Garage. It was designed to actually discard energy in droves at first, allowing for use of Blacksmith to power up Flare Destroy early game. It relied on ridiculous item draw (I would have added Shaymin EX, but it wasn't available to me at the time. . . it was in my son's Magnezone deck) and attempted to basically deck out while I cherry picked all the Energy Recyclers into my hand (with Trainer's Mail and Skyla). Then when the deck was down to maybe 5-10 cards I would play Energy Recycler and my entire remaining cards would be all energy... That way I knew there was nothing of value left to be discarded and I'd hit 240+ every time. Worked like a charm if I was able to evolve multiple Typhlosion: If I got one setup for Flare Destroy and it got KO'd by that time I'd have another and only have to attach a single energy and play Energy Recycler to stack the odds. I brought it to Cities and got better than .500 wins, which I suppose is pretty good for a terrible rogue deck. It only ran 12-14 energies I believe. It was a long play not to just go for Massive Eruption right off the bat, but it was so reliable once the setup was complete. Anyways Flare Destroy is a pretty sick attack that shouldn't be overlooked. I'm going to try that deck again because it was so fun. I just feel like having so many energies can make it super difficult to setup and you've got to have some way to get multiple Cyndaquil turn 1 or you're in danger of getting donked.

Back