• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

two rogue hgss-on decks (Granbull/octillery or musharna/hypno)

ShinyShuckle

Aspiring Trainer
the first deck i want to show is musharna/hypno
pokemon:23
3 munna
3 musharna
3 drowzee
3 hypno
2 odish
2 gloom
2 vileplume
4 cleffa
1 stantler

T/S/S:24
4 pont
4 petm
3 juniper
3 collector
3 communication
3 candy
2 seeker
1 twins
1 FSL

energy:13
3 rescue
10 psychic
the concept is to get musharna out first the hypno second on bench the use hypnos poke power sleep pundulem to have the defending fall asleep and hit with musharna for 90 t-2.

the second deck is OctilleryGranbull

pokemon:18
3 remoraid
3 octillery
3 snubull
3 granbull
3 cleffa
1 elekid
1-1 zoroark

T/S/S:32
4 pont
4 plus power
4 communication
3 petm
3 collector
3 juniper
2 candy
2 seeker
2 junk arm
2 pokemon reversal
1 fsl
1 black belt
1 iQ

Energy:10
4 dc
6 water
this decks concept is to just snipe with octillery and switch to granbull then keep switching back and forth.the elekid is to startt if i dont with cleffa and start sniping right then and there. so witch deck should i use for the upcoming format.

RE: two rogue hgss-on decks

Use the granbull octillery one. hey I will be back later to make some suggestions on the deck itself, I cant right now because Im just heading out the door but I will critize you :p

I think the Musharna Hypno one is very interesting and probably better. First off, Donphan is common and can OHKO Granbull easily. Magnezone and Zekrom, two popular cards, can easily OHKO Octillery. Plus, Granbull only does 50 damage and damages himself, which isn't very good. Musharna on the other hand has a 50% chance of hitting for 90 turn 2, which is pretty fast and pretty good damage. Musharna and Hypno also have "good" weaknesses in psychic as few psychic pokemon attack outright. As for changes for the Hypno Musharna, (not sure if you wanted them or not, I am assuming so):

-1 Gloom a 2-1-2 line with rare candies will get vileplume out faster usually
-2 Cleffa no deck needs this many cleffa, and you have a stantler which is a good starter as well
-3 Juniper with Oak and Cleffas you really don't need more hand refresh
-1 twins if you can hit for 90 t2 you are going to be ahead in the prize race, so this card is semi-useless

+2 Pokemon Reversal this will be crucial in switching in weaker pokemon for easier KOs
+3 Pluspower allows you to adjust damage
+2 Junk Arm this lets you reuse trainers
+7

I know you are using Vileplume and probably don't want to use too many trainers but I think vileplume can be more of a tech for certain opponents to slow set-up that you don't need in every match.

I had a deck similar to the Musharna/Hypno one, only with 2-2 Cinccino and 2-1-2 Metagross UL instead of Vileplume and Stantler. That just gave me more options and I almost always had a full bench for a 100 power Do the Wave. I would definitely add Reversals in just in case you only have Musharna and Hypno out against a baby or there's just something you need to deal with on your opponent's bench.

Use the Hypno/Musharna one, because they both have "good weaknesses", Psychic who rarely attack outright and aren't used very much offensively, (as far as I know of) and because the Granbull/Octillery one is weak to some common threats like Donphan and Zekrom and Granbull only deals 50 damage but hurts himself.

So for the Hypno/Musharna deck, I would:

-1 Gloom (It takes up space)
-1 Stantler (you don't need it)
-1 Twins (If you're going to be dealing 90 damage T2, you would be ahead of the "prize race")
-1 Rare Candy (You don't neec 3 Rare candy if you only have 1 Stage 2 line that has only 2 Basics)
-2 Cleffa (No deck needs that many Cleffa and it will become a free prize later in the game)
+2 Switch (when Pokemon Catcher comes out, which is very soon)
+2 Pokemon Catcher (when it comes out)
+1 Munna
+1 Musharna (More Consistent) (Same reason for the above)

hey if your gonna play hypno
add 2 victine in your deck
maked you able 2 trow i more time 4 hypno
More chance on getting the opponent asleep
i like the deck so far^^

YouAreHere said:
hey if your gonna play hypno
add 2 victine in your deck
maked you able 2 trow i more time 4 hypno
More chance on getting the opponent asleep
i like the deck so far^^

Victini is only for an attack not power.

No, a new victini is coming out with an ability that let's you reflip coins once a turn. It would give you a 75% chance over a 50% one of using Hypno to put the opponent to sleep, so it could be decent.

Back