• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Turtonator/Naganadel/Kiawe - - - Blacephalon But Better?

Knight_of_Ni

Aspiring Trainer
I've been playing around with turtonator (Dragon Majesty)/naganadel online, and I feel that it has lots of potential. It plays essentially the same way as blacephalon/naganadel, but you get the added advantage of abusing shrine and not playing any GXs. Additionally, energy are sent to your discard instead of your lost zone when you attack, which naganadel likes. The biggest problem for the list is energy acceleration to the turtonator. It's attack requires 3 fire energy, and missing the turn 1 kiawe can destroy your game going forward.

Here is my current list:

Pokemon:
4 turtonator
4 poipole
4 naganadel
2 marshadow (let loose)

Trainers n' stuff:
4 cynthia
4 kiawe
2 lillie
3 guzma
1 tate & liza
4 ultra ball
4 mysterious treasure
1 choice band (note: I'm debating whether to add more choice band or just remove it all together. With this deck either you hit the OHKO or you aren't attacking. I feel the choice band doesn't help much.)
3 wishful baton
2 shrine of punishment
1 heat factory prism star
1 energy recycle system
1 rescue stretcher
2 energy switch
1 adventure bag (note: Similar situation to choice band. It's good for digging out a wishful baton and/or deck thinning, but I'm not sure if it's worth 1/60th of my deck.)

energy:
12 fire energy

Any ideas for how I could improve this decks speed and energy acceleration? Any other fun tech ideas or general advice? Thanks in advance!!

With the 4 Ultra Ball and Mysterious Treasure, you just need to add Tapu Lele GX (for 1-2 Tapu Lele GX you might add, consider replacing 1-2 Kiawe) to significantly increase your chances of a T1 Kiawe. You could also play a Acerola to remove this GX too.

Thanks for the response! I've considered lele before, but if I'm going to play it, I feel the need to drop the shrines. Since my original post I have made the following changes which seem to help with setting up quite a bit:
- 2 ultra ball
- 1 adventure bag

+ 3 nest ball

Most of my games start out with me either setting up a decent bench, but no kiawe or hitting the kiawe, but only having a 1 or 2 pokemon in play. Any ideas for how I could increase my chances of hitting T1 kiawe and getting setup (preferably without lele). Maybe it would be worth exploring the deck with lele and without shrines. I would also like to find space for a 3rd or 4th energy switch, because they are extremely useful late game when my opponent KOs a turtonator without a wishful baton. I'm always open to suggestions.

Tapu Lele is the only way to search supporters from your deck. You NEED Lele if you are want to Kiawe on turn 1

Alrighty, I'll give lele a go. I'll probably alter the list something along the lines of this:
- 2 shrine of punishment
- 1 marshadow

+ 1 lele
+ 1 energy switch
+ 1 energy switch or wishful baton or choice band or ultra ball

Thanks! I'll keep you all posted on how the deck performs with lele. :)

Try adding Shining Ho-Oh. It’s got like a build in wishful baton and it can hit for a good amount. So you can get him out Kiawe energy on to him and hit for good dame and then when he dies you have Turtonator powered and ready to go with ur naganedels stacked with energy.

Back