• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Turtonator GX Volcanion EX

Ghostly Espurr TC

Conspeery Theracy
Alright heres my list

Pokemon-13

Volcanion x4
Volcanion EX x3
Turtonator GX x1
Tapu Lele GX x2
Oranguru x1
Staryu x1
Starmie x1

Trainers-32
Professor Sycamore x4
N x4
Guzma x3
Lillie x1
Ultra Ball x4
Max Elixir x2
Field Blower x2
Enhanced Hammer x2
Switch x1
Rescue Stretcher x1
Float Stone x3
Fighting Fury Belt x2
Brooklet Hill x3

Energy-15
Fire Energy x15

Let me know what you guys think of the list :). Turt Volc is my favorite deck to play, i love the power of it. but dont like the Gardy matchup :D. also thinking of putting in one Choice Band and taking out the Switch. let me know what you think of that too--Ghostly ps hopefully the format is better

Volcanion/Turtonator is my favourite deck too. I've tested the deck like crazy and I have what I have found to be the optimal list on TCGO.
First off, Starmie is a waste of space. I never find myself needing that many energy in hand. Keep the Switch, it's a great clutch option. Brooklet Hill is also a waste of space: I've tried the slower variant that sets up using Brooklet Hill and it is unnecessary. Max Elixir is very expensive now but 4 is a must: it is one of the most important cards in the whole deck. Also I like 4 Guzma, 4 Volcanion-EX and 2 Turtonator-GX. Run 4 Fighting Fury Belt and 2 Float Stone. I hope you find these comments useful.

I like Brooklet hill in Volcanion decks. But I also use a couple nest balls too. I want those STEAM UPS operating ASAP. I will agree though that the Starmie space is better used with other trainers like an extra belt.

I personally have had a lot of success with Acerolla and Pokemon ranger in Volcanion decks. Hit with volcanion, take a hit, then Acerolla a stacked Volcanion back to your hand. Lay him back down and use the energies to STEAM UP the next Poke.

Last edited:
Well thank you guys for the helpful comments :) i will definitely be posting an updated list, but for right now ill finish watching london top 8--ghostly

In my Turtonator-Volcanion deck, Turtonator GX is the main attacker. I run 3 Turtonator GX supported by secondary attackers 3 Volcanion EX and 2 Volcanion.

i thought about putting in 4 turt gx 1 baby volc and 3 volc ex, i feel that with nitro tank gx you dont need baby volc as much as you used too

I played on TCGO yesterday with the turtonator/volcanion deck from top 4 EU internationals. the one with 1x Ho-oh. and there is a reason it came top 4. I didnt loose one match with it yesterday.

I played on TCGO yesterday with the turtonator/volcanion deck from top 4 EU internationals. the one with 1x Ho-oh. and there is a reason it came top 4. I didnt loose one match with it yesterday.
The "deck" didn't make the Top 4, the player running the deck did...

Eemeli's list from London is probably the best Volc list out there right now. He literally went to the tourney for fun and made top 4. It lets Volcanion do exactly what it wants to do: blow up, kill stuff, and maintain its' field. And in his opinion, the most consistent deck in format.

Last edited:
A deck list that can top 4 in a large championship means it is very viable in the meta that's what he was saying lol
My response was intended to give "more" props to the player vs. the deck which if placed in the hands of other good players, in other tournaments, may not yield similar tournaments results....

Back