• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Turbo Volcanion EX w/Silvally GX V1.0

Firewyn

Aspiring Trainer
Hello again Pokebeachers!

I was playtesting some Volcanion EX this evening and I thought.... Wanna about using Silvally GX in this deck. Tried it out, and I was amazed on how well the deck runs!

Here's my current decklist:

4x Volcanion EX
2x Type: Null
2x Silvally GX
1x Remoraid (Ion Pool)
1x Octillery
1x Cubone
1x Alolan Marowak
1x Alolan Vulpix
1x Tapu Lele GX (would love at least 2 but only have 1 atm...)

4x Professor Sycamore
4x Guzma
3x N
2x Kiawe
1x Pokemon Fan Club

4x Wishful Baton
3x Ultra Ball
3x Max Elixir (Would love a 4th, but only have 3 atm...)
2x Energy Retrieval
1x Professor's Letter
1x Switch
1x Rescue Stretcher

3x Brooklet Hill

14x Fire Energy

Initial Thoughts:
- Runs really well with Wishful Baton, because all pokemon have a max of 3 energy needed
- IF and WHEN I have a 2nd Lele and a 4th Max Elixir I'l do these changes:
-1 Energy Retrieval
-1 Brooklet Hill
+1 Tapu Lele GX
+1 Max Elixir
- Pokemon Fan Club is 10x better than Brigette in this deck because you want to have Volcanion EX on the bench, and Brigette can only get one of them.

Do you guys like the decklist? What changes would you do to the deck?
I'd like to hear your thoughts!

Thanks

- Firewyn

A few comments for your consideration:
  • Why no Volcanion which is a solid Pokémon for this deck? This particular Pokémon is also a good secondary attacker, especially when you do not want to commit your 2-prize Volcanion EX.
  • The 2 1-1 lines seem quite inconsistent. Of the 2 lines, the Alolan Marowak seems to be the least useful, especially given cards like Kiawe, Wishful Baton, etc.
  • Also, instead of running a 1-1 Octillery line (with the 4 Proof. Sycamore and 3 N), why not run an Oranguru and another N? IMO, this would enhance the card-draw consistency.
  • 4 Guzmas seem excessive and could also conflict in a turn when you need to also draw cards. Why not replace 1 with an escape Rope?
  • For the time being, use a proxy for a 4th Max Elixir which, IMO, is more important than a 4th Wishful Baton.
  • No Field Blowers??
  • 4 Wishful Batons seem excessive to me and it would amaze me that an opponent would not just Field Blower those away before KO'ing your Volcanion EX... So, can these Tools truly be effective in the long run?
Suggested deck changes:

-1 Remoaid
-1 Octillery
-1 Cubone
-1 Alolan Marowak
-1 Guzma
-4 Wishful Baton

+1 Oranguru
+2 Volcanion
+1 Escape Rope
+1 Field Blower
+2 Fighting Fury Belt
+1 Max Elixir
+1 N

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Yea... i completely gapped about the field blowers...
I like your thinking, I'll make some changes and test some more before I update the list here.

Back