• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Turbo Lapras?

RJ Gary

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone, this is my Turbo Lapras list. Honestly, I think Lapras still has some real viability in the Standard format; it does well into pretty much every Basic EX/GX deck (especially Volcanion) and Glaceon-EX really helps with Stage 2 decks. Anyway, here is my list:

Pokémon - 12

• 3 Lapras-GX SUM
  • 1 Glaceon-EX FCO
  • 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI
  • 2 Manaphy-EX BKP
  • 2 Remoraid CIN
  • 2 Octillery BKT
Trainer Cards - 36
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 N
  • 4 Guzma
  • 3 Acerola
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Max Elixir
  • 4 Aqua Patch
  • 3 Choice Band
  • 2 Field Blower
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 3 Brooklet Hill
Energy - 12
  • 12 Water Energy

I'd really like some feedback on this list. Do you guys think I should run a mix of choice bands and Fightingfury belts? Or maybe take out a Manaphy-EX for something else? Also, I don't run any Wishiwashi SUM because having two Lapras-GX's out means you don't really need Wishiwashi for retreating. I've also considered running a Giratina Promo because I have a lot of trouble with the Greninja match up, but that just seems so clunky. Anyway, any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

List looks good. Sadly, the deck loses to Golisopod, and has a tough Gardevoir matchup beacuse of your high energy cost. Amd yes, at least 2 Fury Belts is good. 3 Acerolas is too high, I don't even think you need them honestly. I think like 1-2 Kukui are also great since you get to hit 210 which is a great number.

-2 Manaphy
-1 Professor Sycamore
-1 Guzma
-2 Acerola
-1 Brooklet Hill

Manaphy is a liability as long as it's benched. There's a superior choice now.
I don't think you need Acerola, but keeping one might be an option, if you really want to.

+2/2 Silvally-GX
+1 Fighting Memory
+2 Professor Kukui

Silvally-GX is a stage 1, which is slower than Manaphy, but more resilient and removes the need for a (W) attachment. As a plus, it has a better GX attack than Lapras and, with Fighting Memory, makes your Golisopod matchup slightly better by taking out Zoroark-GX (you'll have Fire Memory in the future, so there's that). Also dribbles Jolteon-EX, because you never know...
Professor Kukui I think is essential for Lapras-GX right now due to the 210hp meta.

(A quick note, I don't have much experience with lapras box, so my advice may be bad.) Wait, I though greninja was extinct. Oh well, nevertheless it's still pretty rare (at least in my opinion) and I don't think you should waste consistencie on trying to counter it. 4 max potion is not necessary, I would remove it all together, but if you plan on keeping it I would lower it to 3. 4 guzma is pretty high tbh so I would remove one. Then also an N, as this seems like an aggressive deck that doesn't need that N. Silvally also seems better than manaphy, so I would remove the manaphys. Then at last, remove an acerola, since 2 should be enough.
And now:

-1 max potion or 4
-1 guzma
-1 N
-1 acerola
-2 manaphy

If you don't wanna remove all the max potions, the I would add:

+2 type null
+2 silvally
+2 ffb
And if you wanna remove all the max potions:
+1 ffb