Tuesday, 3/27, Site Plans

-_- Dylan, look at Pokebeach.com Main Page. Anyway, I like the plan of getting a Head Strategist, but we all know who it'll be, *shh*. Lol, well, too bad there wasn't this plan hen I was a Strat, but oh well. Anyway, I would suggest that the less Strategist there are doing reviews, the easier and more efficent the reviews are going to be.

I just looked up an HTML tutorial and it does not look fun!!!
Is the head strategist going to have a different color for his name? Like Red or Purple?

But here's a very good Idea:I think we should have a Pokebeach representative in each country to promote and encourage people to join Pokebeach @ tournaments so that we can have more members.
What do we think about that Idea?

Teddiursa, please stick to the topic. I pressume that the Head Strategist will have a different color, and it'll be cool too. :] I PM'ed WPM about some things, I hope he'll make the decision soon enough.

Hey WPM, could you put out a list of the promos you're missing? I'm only missing like 5 WotC ones. Also are you looking to get scans of the WotC Best/Winner promos?

Just a thought WPM, but how about writing up a PHP script with a MySQL DB for your stratigest articles?

There could be developed an "admin" section for pokebeach.com to where the correct users can login to add, edit, and even delete articles, and you can also include a sort of BB-code type that will allow them to either bold, italic, underline, center, make a url link, or make a url image into the article.

This way, it could be just a matter of a copy / paste from word into the textbox, and then just adding in the type (bold, italic, etc.) and check for the spacing and you're all set.

Then what could be done is have the layout as a template file, and voila! You're all set. =)

If you'd like some examples, just let me know and I can post some up of what I'm talking about.

CodeVoodoo said:
Just a thought WPM, but how about writing up a PHP script with a MySQL DB for your stratigest articles?

There could be developed an "admin" section for pokebeach.com to where the correct users can login to add, edit, and even delete articles, and you can also include a sort of BB-code type that will allow them to either bold, italic, underline, center, make a url link, or make a url image into the article.

This way, it could be just a matter of a copy / paste from word into the textbox, and then just adding in the type (bold, italic, etc.) and check for the spacing and you're all set.

Then what could be done is have the layout as a template file, and voila! You're all set. =)

If you'd like some examples, just let me know and I can post some up of what I'm talking about.

We tried to do that but it just turned out to be a mess. It wouldn't validate, either.

Hey I was kinda thinking, it whould be really cool if you had an art gallary taken right ou of the forum's.
though personely I dont draw vary well, but I still like too look at other people's art.
and I know there are a lot of people on this site that like to draw.

Water Pokémon Master said:
We tried to do that but it just turned out to be a mess. It wouldn't validate, either.
What wouldn't validate? The connection to MySQL, or the User Interface?

I know that you're using Dreamhost as your host (same here), so PHP and MySQL shouldn't be the problem really.

If you'd like, I can give access to you on my site so you can see / view it, and then see if you want to use it.

I have a suggestion for the Strategist thing.

You could just have a few people like say somewhere between 5-10 people write articles once a week on a certain topic. Pretty much solves all the problems with the strategists and it works on other sites like metagame.com so it's effective.

Then all ya do is create a link someplace on the main page that will give access to all the articles no html required unless you felt like it. It's called write it up on microsoft word or some other equivalint and copy and paste it should work if you ask me...

I'd love to do the job for the HTML stuff, but unfortunatly, I'm not the greatest at strategies and I don't usually place in the first few when I do get the chance to go to a tournament/championship.

Gra....just a suggestion...scan the POP series? I have seen no actual mention of scanning these. Only promos basically, other than the normal sets. POP series are not considered promos, I would believe. Am I incorrect? Yes, I realize it was stated that to get a full scan base, it would require other things like promos. What I am getting at is that I have never, out of all the updates I have seen, read a single speck of scanning the POP series.

I would like to see all the scans here and I would like to have game info besides the show and TCG. Cheat codes would be great.:)

We should do an Archetype thread... Kinda like PokeGym...
I could write some articles on the Archetypes if we do, cause I'm good at those things and have had a lot of time playing with/against many archetypes.

I have a very complete list of promos, though I don't actualy own very many cards, there must be some you've never seen on there.

I have verified all of them, and can send you the list if you want.

My opinion:
I think Pokebeach should have a game section(Pokemon games of course), based off the old and new games and the Gamecube and Wii games, oh god the things I could write about... :: loves the games ::

but thats just my opinion

they should also add to the modified carddex ex trainer kit 2 (or whatever is the last one that u can use) so it would be realy complete with every thing that u can play know!!8D~

Back