Tuesday, 3/21, EX Holon Phantoms Set Description, Binders, Images, Gyarados

Abhorsen

Offically retired
Sounds interesting indeed. I wonder which Ex's they will be officially putting in , what the box topper will be and how the holos and reverse holos look. If there's less than 117 cards then it's either 115 or 113 I would say.

MysteryE

Character Illustrator
Hey Jayh, I also thinks that Gyarados will be the boxtopper! ^^

It'll less than 117? I think it will be 113.

The Ex...hmm... maybe there'll be some d-pokemon ex here.

S.Suikun

Aspiring Trainer
Nah, the box toppers always come from cards that were promos in Japan, not cards that already came in the set (like the Gyarados). I've got my money on it being either another one of the Delta Pikachu promos (there were several released) or the possibly the Ho-oh ex promo that was released a while back (around Eidilon Forest).

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I notice it's got Heavy Impact.

Man, everyone and their dog has Heavy Impact nowadays...can't they think of something else?

DocRobot_K-176

Red Raging Rampage
Hmm... I only count two cards that have the attack "Heavy Impact":

Dark Steelix
δ Dragonite

δ Gyarados is now the third monster with such an attack. It feels like I've seen it more often. Maybe its because there are several placeholder attacks in the set spoilers that are also named "Heavy Impact". I don't know.

Why is there a Mewtwo on the box when there is no Mewtwo in the set? The only one that seems reasonable to be in this set is the Shining Mewtwo from the half-decks, but it still seems like there should be more. Will they be reprinting Mewtwo-ex? Will there be a new Mewtwo in the set? Its difficult to say...

There are quite a few cards that I am looking forwards to. The new Water -Type δ Rayquaza, δ Pidgeot, the δ Latis, δ Golduck, δ Gyarados, and δ Flygon look really good. Wonder if they will all make it into the set?

I highly doubt that δ Pikachu will end up as another boxtopper (they already had one for LM). I haven't seen the Ho-oh-ex promo that S.Suikun was talking about. I know that many promos in Japan are cards that have already been released, but have different artwork. We haven't gotten any boxtoppers like that. That isn't to say that the Ho-oh is a reprint, though.

On the topic of reprints, wasn't there another Rayquaza-ex that was reprinted in Japan? I forget if it was the one from Dragons or the one from Deoxys.

The card binders look pretty awesome. There's a slight possibility I might end up getting one...

Holy Star

Pokémon TCG player and card faker
RE:  Tuesday, 3/21, EX Holon Phantoms Set Description, Binders, Images, Gyarados

DocRobot_K-176 said:
Hmm... I only count two cards that have the attack "Heavy Impact":

Dark Steelix
δ Dragonite

δ Gyarados is now the third monster with such an attack.  It feels like I've seen it more often.  Maybe its because there are several placeholder attacks in the set spoilers that are also named "Heavy Impact".  I don't know.

Why is there a Mewtwo on the box when there is no Mewtwo in the set?  The only one that seems reasonable to be in this set is the Shining Mewtwo from the half-decks, but it still seems like there should be more.  Will they be reprinting Mewtwo-ex?  Will there be a new Mewtwo in the set?  Its difficult to say...

There are quite a few cards that I am looking forwards to.  The new Water -Type δ Rayquaza, δ Pidgeot, the δ Latis, δ Golduck, δ Gyarados, and δ Flygon look really good.  Wonder if they will all make it into the set?

I highly doubt that δ Pikachu will end up as another boxtopper (they already had one for LM).  I haven't seen the Ho-oh-ex promo that S.Suikun was talking about.  I know that many promos in Japan are cards that have already been released, but have different artwork.  We haven't gotten any boxtoppers like that.  That isn't to say that the Ho-oh is a reprint, though.

On the topic of reprints, wasn't there another Rayquaza-ex that was reprinted in Japan?  I forget if it was the one from Dragons or the one from Deoxys.

The card binders look pretty awesome.  There's a slight possibility I might end up getting one...
There is a second Mewtwo δ, a Lightning-type one. This could possibly be in the set. And if it's not, Unseen Forces had Raikou on the front, with only Raikou* in the set.

As far as those cards you mentioned, they all will be in the set. This set is Holon Phantoms plus some other cards, so of course they would be in here.

The Ho-oh ex you mention is a reprint with other artwork. We won't get it I'm sure, we don't get reprints of Pokemon very often.

And as for the Rayquaza-ex reprint, I'm still waiting for that thing to fall out of the sky. It SHOULD have been reprinted, it's been in one of the Japanese tins for a while now.

-Holy Star

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Those binders are pretty cool and I wish I had one and I have the one that wizards of the coast made. The one that has pikachu charizard and blastoise on the front and venusaur on the back but those have awesome art on them. I think the new set has 115 cards in it. I wish I could see the card better but the gyrados looks pretty good. Oh WPM next time take your computer to best buy or circuit city. They have excellent service and good prices too.:) MAJOR EDIT. Go to www.pokemonpalace.net for information on the show there is going to be some MAJOR changes and I don't think you guys will like it. Click on my link below to get to it quicker if you don't want to use the one in this post.:)

Lionheart

Retribution Paladin > You
Does anyone know the three Pokemon* in the set? Ones Gyarados delta...is it possible that the other 2 are Mewtwo and Pikachu? That explains the Mewtwo on the box.

Psylight_Hao

Ghost
The 5 eeveelution* in the set I don't think so we have very low quantity of Pokémon EX in the set Mew, crawdant and myghtiena why have more * than EX unless you are changing places and know there are one EX per every 3boxes and stars start getting very common I think it will be like delta just 3EX and 3* is more logical no matter how much I want a espeon*