News Tsareena-GX, Solgaleo, Lunala, Pikachu 'Pokemon Festa' Promos!

Whoa all these cards are cool and wow tsareena gx? I feel like they might as well give everything 1 stage and 3 stage a gx

Tsareena-GX seems really good!
And for the GX attack, your opponent got to choose, right? But they can't choose if they only has 4 cards.
K0KPgis.jpg

Tsareena/ red card or tsareena/delinquent or even tsareena/tsareena sounds rediculous

Pilachu just made me laugh

Solgaleo and Lunala are bad

Lunala could be could if it was 1 psychic and 2 colorless for its attack, now it seems to slow...
But that Tsareena really sounds fun... Hehehe :D

Thank goodness Tsareena's GX attack costs 2 Grass and a Colorless. It can be a devastating card in the right hands, especially with Judge/Red Card/Delinquent in the current and next format. All it needs is the right partner to hit Queenly Command GX at the right time. Lurantis/Tsareena might be a thing before Forest rotates, possibly Virizion/Tsareena in Expanded. I hope it comes out in our SM3 before rotation hits.

Pikachu sounds like a fun card in a super casual Magnezone build.

Solgaleo could work with its GX; definitely better than Lunala.

Tsareena GX + Team Aqua's Secret Base + Heavy Boots + Haunter (GEN) = a pretty janky deck but could be fun I guess

We will probably get those cards in SM-3. Let's hope so.
Or SM Promo will also work for me. But that means Tsareena will not get Full Art or Rainbow Rare. :(

Well odds are we'll never see that Pikachu anyway. Tsareena will likely be shoe horned into a set while Lunala and Solgaleo will stay promos.

Oh, and it's time for my obligatory "Make a Pokémon, in this case Solgaleo, as it's other type" commentation.

I think that Tsareena- Tsareena GX will be a thing
cut off what they want to keep and then cut the rest. maybe with something that is shut down
All of these cards are quite good, especially the lunala and T GX

Tsareena GX + Team Aqua's Secret Base + Heavy Boots + Haunter (GEN) = a pretty janky deck but could be fun I guess
Why not just use chaos tower? way easier than aqua's secret base and heavy boots :p

also for expanded, Sporprise Amoongus from Next Destinies allows you to keep your FoGP in play which is essential for this card

Put me in the minority, but I am actually not that excited about the Tsareena GX's GX attack. Notice the energy cost. It is possible to get [G][G][C] on Tsareena T1 or T2, but ultimately it needs to be in a deck with Vileplume to really make much sense. Basically, the idea would be to get a Tsareena + Plume up T1 (similar to the goal with Deciduplume), but instead of techs doing damage, Tsareena is your tank and primary damage dealer. Basically, this looks like a very slow concept that is also extremely dependent on being able to stick a Haunter (which you won't want to use because FoGP is more important) or your opponent not being able to retreat out of a Glare which is far more likely. It looks clunky ATM. I took a look for other "opponent's active is now confused" pokemon abilities / trainers that perform the action and found none.

Long story short, without the ability to consistently apply confusion without also confusing Tsareena GX, I think this is a niche card that won't see much competitive play. That's a shame too because it would really only take one good confusion card for this to be a pretty scary card.

Back