• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tsareena EX / Lunala (Paradox Rift Theorycraft)

Coorow

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon (16):
3 Tsareena EX PAR 046/182
2 Steenee PAR 009/182
3 Bounsweet PAR 008/182

2 Lunala CEL 015/025
1 Cosmoem CEL 014/025
2 Cosmog CEL 013/025

1 Radiant Venusaur PGO 004/078

1 Jirachi PAR 126/182

1 Manaphy BRS 041/172

Trainer (33):
3 Iono PAL 185/193
3 Professor's Research SVI 189/198
2 Gardenia's Vigor ASR 143/189
2 Boss's Orders PAL 172/193
2 Arven OBF 186/197
1 Klara CRE 145/198

4 Ultra Ball SVI 196/198
4 Nest Ball SVI 181/198
4 Rare Candy SVI 191/198
2 Earthen Vessel PAR 163/182
2 Super Rod PAL 188/193
1 Counter Catcher PAR 160/182

2 Panic Mask LOR 165/196
1 Artazon PAL 171/193

Energy (11):
9 Grass Energy SVE
2 Psychic Energy SVE

Strategy
The basic idea is to use Tsareena EX's Icicle Sole to dump damage on opposing Pokémon, then Lunala's Lunar Pain doubles those damage counters knocking out every Pokémon hit by Tsareena. Lunala's Psychic Shot is also capable of KO'ing multiple Pokémon hit by Tsareena's Icicle Sole.

Radiant Venusaur is in here as extra draw and in rare cases could be another attacker.

Jirachi and Manaphy are protection, this is really only necessary to protect the basic and first stage Pokémon while they're setting up against certain decks.

There's not much to say about the trainer cards, but there are a few oddities.

Gardenia's Vigor is in the deck to instantly turn on Lunala, it also provides a little card draw too.

Panic Mask is in the deck to prevent instant revenge attacks against Tsareena EX.

Thoughts
I'm pretty new to the game but this combination seemed pretty fun to me.

My biggest problem with the deck is card draw, I think integrating Bibarel and Skwovet into the deck might be the solution.

But these are just the musings of a noob, let me know what you think, and what you'd change or improve :)

New Paradox Rift Cards
Tsareena ex – Water – HP310
Stage 2 – Evolves from Steenee

Tera: As long as this Pokémon is on your Bench, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks (both yours and your opponent’s).

[G] Icicle Sole: Put damage counters on 1 of your opponent’s Pokémon until its remaining HP is 30.

[G][G] Trop Kick: 180 damage. Heal 30 damage from this Pokémon and this Pokémon recovers from all Special Conditions.

Pokémon ex rule: When your Pokémon ex is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Jirachi – Metal – HP70
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Stellar Veil
Attacks from your opponent’s Basic Pokemon can’t put damage counters on your Benched Pokemon.

[C] Charge Energy: Search your deck for up to 2 basic Energy cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Grass (-30)
Retreat: 1

Earthen Vessel – Trainer
Item (Ancient)

You must discard a card from your hand in order to use this card. Search your deck for up to 2 Basic Energy cards, reveal them, and put them in your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn.

Hi Coorow,

Nice sure about Lunala in this deck. It needs a lot to attack and is another stage two which makes the deck clunky. If you want a finisher move consider Hisuian Bravery instead. Its attack costs zero energy and places three damage counters on all Pokémon that already have damage counters on them.

Pokémon (18)
2 Hisuian Bravery (cleaner)
1 Radiant Greninja (draw)
4 Tsareena ex (beatdown)
2 Steenee (evolution)
4 Bounsweet (evolve)
1 Manaphy (protect)
2 Rufflet (evolve)
1 Mew (search)

Trainer (32):
2 Boss Orders (control)
3 Prof. Research (draw)
3 Irida (search)
3 Iono (draw)
1 Counter Catcher (control)
2 Panic Mask (protection)
4 Battle VIP Pass (search)
3 Rare Candy (evolve)
4 Quick Ball (search)
4 Level Ball (search)
3 Artazon Town (search)

Energy (10):
8 Grass Energy
2 Jet Energy

I included Battle VIP Pass since this deck needs time to set up and has to have the Basic Pokémon on the bench fast. I also included one Mew to search out the Battle VIP Pass fast in addition to three Irida, who can also access Tsareena ex, Radiant Greninja and Manaphy in addition to Rare Candy. Hisuian Bravery is used instead of Lunala since it is easier to use and places three damage counters on all Pokémon that already have damage on them.

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Hi Coorow,

Nice sure about Lunala in this deck. It needs a lot to attack and is another stage two which makes the deck clunky. If you want a finisher move consider Hisuian Bravery instead. Its attack costs zero energy and places three damage counters on all Pokémon that already have damage counters on them.

Pokémon (18)
2 Hisuian Bravery (cleaner)
1 Radiant Greninja (draw)
4 Tsareena ex (beatdown)
2 Steenee (evolution)
4 Bounsweet (evolve)
1 Manaphy (protect)
2 Rufflet (evolve)
1 Mew (search)

Trainer (32):
2 Boss Orders (control)
3 Prof. Research (draw)
3 Irida (search)
3 Iono (draw)
1 Counter Catcher (control)
2 Panic Mask (protection)
4 Battle VIP Pass (search)
3 Rare Candy (evolve)
4 Quick Ball (search)
4 Level Ball (search)
3 Artazon Town (search)

Energy (10):
8 Grass Energy
2 Jet Energy

I included Battle VIP Pass since this deck needs time to set up and has to have the Basic Pokémon on the bench fast. I also included one Mew to search out the Battle VIP Pass fast in addition to three Irida, who can also access Tsareena ex, Radiant Greninja and Manaphy in addition to Rare Candy. Hisuian Bravery is used instead of Lunala since it is easier to use and places three damage counters on all Pokémon that already have damage on them.

Hope this provides some initial assistance.
It does help a lot :). Mew, Irida and Greninja are really good additions. I was also thinking about a one of Elekid as a backup free 30 damage, but maybe that's a little much. I think I'll do some brewing with your improvements as a focus.

Thank you for replying and your great ideas :)

Back