• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Trubbish

Skyarrow is mainly there for LaserBank or Frozen City, as I need one stadium to counter. I think that 3 Elesa would be best, as 9 tools is enough to KO most EX's apart from Darkrai and Eviolite. I might get rid of Enhanced Hammers, and another item once it comes out.

You're better off playing more massive draw cards like Professor Juniper, multiple Bicycles+Bianca, or big Colress plays when both Benches are high than playing Elesa that will only get you Tools but not advance your overall board position, namely with getting multiple Trubbish down with Energy+EXP Share consecutively.

dmaster out.

Pookapotamus said:
Skyarrow is mainly there for LaserBank or Frozen City, as I need one stadium to counter. I think that 3 Elesa would be best, as 9 tools is enough to KO most EX's apart from Darkrai and Eviolite. I might get rid of Enhanced Hammers, and another item once it comes out.

Laserbank plays 2-3 of Virbank Gym so they can easily wipe it out as soon as you play your stadium.

I also have to agree with dmaster about using Elesa.

It would be better to have 4 bangles than 4 mirrors. Mainly because they can stack. Sigilyph with tool box does 70 normally. But with 4x30 damage thats 120+ 70 is 190. Allowing you to OHKO with sigilyph. If you plan on using dowsing machine you might as well just use it for a silver mirror instead, because my roommates deck works prefectly fine with only 2 mirror. It is far better to knock out faster than it is to stall longer. Each turn you stall, your opponent has one more turn to pull the cards it needs. like catcher, tool scrapper, what have you.

Sigilyph is pretty frail for attacking. Once it goes down, you've just lost all your Bangles (and a Sigilyph with three Energy) for the exchange of two Prizes which is not very favorable. I don't see why someone would want to attack with Sigilyph rather than Trubbish when you only need two Energy with Trubbish to attack, it's just simple cost-benefit analysis.

dmaster out.

I agree with dmaster for both of his posts, as I do play max Juniper and 2 Bianca. I was thinking about it and 2 Elesa seems like the best way to go. As for the Bangles/Mirrors issue. I looked it over, and there should be 4 of each, but there were only 3 bangles, which made my deck 59 cards, so I changed it. I will not be attacking with Sigilyph unless its the only card out there. I could swap Eviolite for Elesa, or two more Biancas, or Bicycles.

Pookapotamus said:
I'm just wondering, but are there any pokemon with a trainer/item lock ability, that are legal?

Zebstrika and Draginite with Garbador are becoming more popular for trainer lock decks and both a re standard legal.

Dragonite/Garbodor is my current and favorte deck. Its a monster vs this deck. The silver items do nothing, you are at max like 7 tools with garbodor, since they wont be stupid to run more. After dragonite attacks, it can tool scrapper your tools away and then you cant place any more down. This deck is almost an auto loss imo as long as they get dragonite out and attacking by turn 2, you almost have no hope, unless you get a huge first turn. Garbodor is really just the nail in the coffin, since it prevents masquerain's ability to move tools around. But then again the tools go to the hand, then cant come back when dragonite attacks. This is when sigilyph can be helpful being able to hit for 80 damage for the 3 energy for deafen. 2HKOing dragonite. Dragonite is also forced to 2HKO sigilyph if they want to keep the item lock, and they will.

Item cards will also just clog up your hand if you cant supporter them away. This can also give dragonite a huge edge with ghetsis. Though i play hugh instead, i rather see them go to the discard than back into the deck, i can still draw up to 5 cards, which may be more than ghetsis can net you.

Another thing that i use with dragonite is rock guard. After one hit from dragonite, none of your pokemon can do anything to it, if they want to live. Yes you can tool drop for 140, dragonite will still live and then knock you out next turn, if not having you knock yourself out. Then your tool drop will only hit for 120 next time and even less if you lose any more pokemon. So basically dragonite + Rockguard basically seals at least 2 kos as long as everything goes according to plan.

Other than dragonite. This deck has to have more than 1 stadium vs anything with frozen city. If you run into a deck that does 30 or more to your bench pokemon, your trubbish wont be able to even charge up its attack. For this reason i suggest 1 plasma badge if not 2 stadiums, since you can transfer it around as you charge up your trubbish or other pokemon.

Though the funniest deck that you will never run into that would completely counter this deck just by being able to set up. Ampharos + Frozen city will make it so you cant do anything at all. If all they have is ampharos out you cant catcher around it, no stadiums to counter it, or plasma badge. Sure ampharos will take 60 damage charging it self up. But then it can take its sweet time steamrolling you as you have no response.

Pookapotamus said:
I knew about Zebstrika and Dragonite, but no cards with an ability that locks items?

not in current format that im aware of. There was Vileplum from HGSS series I believe?

Pookapotamus said:
I knew about Zebstrika and Dragonite, but no cards with an ability that locks items?

Gothitelle will probably be reprinted in the next set coming out around November time has the Ability Magic Room that can prevent Items from being played by the opponent while it's active.

dmaster out.

So I played at Regionals with this deck, and I made a last minute change to add Mr Mime, which worked out in some cases. After I was done, I realized that I needed a Darkrai counter. Any Ideas?

You just need to out speed darkrai, i think thats the best bet. If not Mr Mime + Siglyph Safeguard can sit in the active while mr mime protects the bench.

To out pace it you just need bicycles, plasma badge + Colress Machine, level balls, and exp shares. Just get stuff out and have several trubbish powered up so that if they bring darkrai out to knock one of them out, just revenge kill.

What you should really fear is darkrai garbodor. That is trouble. With flip catchers you may want to just have a few tool scrappers to deal with garbodor.

I actually did that in my second matchup, but LaserBank and Absol stopped me. I think Absol is more of a problem than Darkrai, Since I beat a Hydreigeon/Darkrai, but lost twice against Darkrai/Lasers

Back