Tropius, Marshadow from 'Remix Bout!'

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I'm READY to see that Alt. Pipstoise. I'm so excited to see what that and the others have to show, those alts are my favorite things about Tag Teams.

Jeff Stratford

Aspiring Trainer
Dumb question but why do we usually get the secret rares later than everything else in the set. Is it just that they haven’t pulled them in time?

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Normally not a fan of FA Supporters but that Oak is one I actually kinda dig. Nice.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Dumb question but why do we usually get the secret rares later than everything else in the set. Is it just that they haven’t pulled them in time?
Because Pokemon reveals the entire base set online before the sets are even released to stores. The secret rares are, y'know, secret so we only get to see them once consumers start getting product in their hands.

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
I all of a sudden have 7 rev holo CoL Grass Energy that I'm going to need to part with getting 4 SR Draw Energy. Good lawd those look good

ICEdaddy

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Full art Fighting Dojo Stadium is awesome looking in the little snippet we are shown. I wish we get these full art stadiums. Shrine is awesome but still not available in English.

Gwen

Aspiring Trainer
Ok I had no desire to get any of these Tag teams until I saw the Alt arts for all 3, they're all amazing!!!! AND WE FINALLY GOT A FULL ART CLAY MODEL WOOHOO!!!!

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
All the alternate art FAs are SO GOOD

Especially happy with Braixen being the front focus instead of Charizard :cool:

Jeff Stratford

Aspiring Trainer
Because Pokemon reveals the entire base set online before the sets are even released to stores. The secret rares are, y'know, secret so we only get to see them once consumers start getting product in their hands.
Oh that makes sense thank you for the clarification

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I love all three of the alt arts.

Pipstoise is adorable and charming, and I mean come on it has Piplup everything with Piplup on it is indisputably the best

Braizard has a LOT of charm to it. It's really colorful and gorgeous, and it's pretty cool that Braixen is the focus of it.

And honestly? The real winner here is Snivysaur. It reminds me a lot of Pikmin 2's promotional art. I love Yuka Morii's cards, so it being on an ultra rare? It's amazing. It's so nice that they're having different artists doing these alt arts, especially that all my favorites like Ooyama, sui, and Komiya. I really hope we get an Asako Ito yarn one, that'd be fantastic.

This set doesn't disappoint with its ultras at all. Even the FAs of Pipstoise and Braizard aren't bad, both the supporters are great too. The RR's and Gold cards are...Well, RR's and Gold cards, you know my opinions on those. But overall? In terms of art, definitely one of the better Sun and Moon sets recently. I know the ultras aren't GROUNDBREAKING, but the RA and Alt versions are really appealing to me, and hey, we got Sawsbuck back and one of the last Alolas who need a GX. Pretty good this time around.