Hidden Power Rock

Ninetales Timid/Modest/Bold (Help with nature plz) 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Drought
Moves:
Sunny Day
Will o Wisp
Heat Wave
Substitute/Roar (mainly to ensure that tropius gets at least one growth in)
What do you guys think? Is this a good double battle team? Basically tropius is the main attacker with nintales there to supply sun and take care of pokemon that resist tropius. I also had the idea of filling the last slot with Psych Up, allowing ninetales to copy tropius' boost.

Venusaur outclasses Tropius in almost every way. The only thing tropius has going for it is that EQ won't take out both mons (but Rock Slide still hits both hard and is common for doubles Edge-Quake coverage). When I played doubles, I was all over Boostiken + Gastrodon (I wasn't very experienced hen though and Blaziken wasn't banned yet on random matchup)

RE: Tropius and Ninetales: Partners In Crime

iSharingan said:
Venusaur outclasses Tropius in almost every way. The only thing tropius has going for it is that EQ won't take out both mons (but Rock Slide still hits both hard and is common for doubles Edge-Quake coverage). When I played doubles, I was all over Boostiken + Gastrodon (I wasn't very experienced hen though and Blaziken wasn't banned yet on random matchup)

Thanks for that i guess but I'll repeat, tropius isn't going anywhere :) So, any ideas involving TROPIUS and ninetales?

No. Tropius is worse than Venusaur. If you want to use Tropius over Venusaur, accept that Tropius is an inferior Venusaur and use it as such.

Dark Void said:
No. Tropius is worse than Venusaur. If you want to use Tropius over Venusaur, accept that Tropius is an inferior Venusaur and use it as such.

Um I never said tropius was better lol. It's blatantly obvious the venusaur is much better. I simply like tropius. It's not always about using the strongest pokemon.

You're asking for ideas using Tropius and Ninetales; I gave you one. Use it as an inferior Venusaur. That's pretty much the best thing it can do anyway.

What DV is trying to say is not many people have time and/or motivation to just stop and help you find a moveset for a pokemon just because you don't want to use a vastly superior species. Likes and dislikes are not the issue. (and I'm not saying liking Tropius is bad or wrong. It's amazing in NU singles when abusing sub-seed and recycle-sitrius. It's not cut out for OU though or even doubles, which Ninetales forces you into OU and this is doubles you're dicussing)

Back