tropical beach

I have enough of a basic understanding of the game and of TyRam to know that it's useless in the deck. The chance you hit Tropical Beach in the first couple turns of the game is too slim to make it worth the slot in the deck. As I said before, unsearchable 1-ofs are basically useless in this game. TyRam needs to be setup by T3 or sooner. Therefore, you run cards to get the fastest setup possible. Tropical Beach is not one of those cards.

I played a game at a Battle Roads where we each had 1 card left in our decks, but I was going to draw my last card first. If I played a single Mime Jr in my deck, I would have won. Does this make Mime Jr a justifiable inclusion? Certainly not. Tropical Beach is the same way. It does not deserve a spot in a deck not running Reuniclus. I never even slammed you - you "slammed" me first. I gave my opinion on the card and you responded to it.

Celebi23 said:
I have enough of a basic understanding of the game and of TyRam to know that it's useless in the deck. The chance you hit Tropical Beach in the first couple turns of the game is too slim to make it worth the slot in the deck. As I said before, unsearchable 1-ofs are basically useless in this game. TyRam needs to be setup by T3 or sooner. Therefore, you run cards to get the fastest setup possible. Tropical Beach is not one of those cards.

I played a game at a Battle Roads where we each had 1 card left in our decks, but I was going to draw my last card first. If I played a single Mime Jr in my deck, I would have won. Does this make Mime Jr a justifiable inclusion? Certainly not. Tropical Beach is the same way. It does not deserve a spot in a deck not running Reuniclus. I never even slammed you - you "slammed" me first. I gave my opinion on the card and you responded to it.

I apologize for my 'slamming' comment, but it from my perspective it seemed like it.

Anyway what I'm trying to explain is that not everyone has the same playstyle, while you think that Tropical Beach is not worth the time to put into your deck, that doesn't mean that it is ultimately a bad card that doesn't deserve a space in any TyRam deck. It has consistently proven to be worth the space in my deck, and thus I choose to play given my preferences, and other players may choose to do the same. When a player builds a deck the player is presented with many options, some may choose to play Twins, and some may choose Juniper. What a player decides to play is purely up to the player's judgement and what they deem to work. If a player finds themselves in a consistent problem like you explained, then Mime Jr isn't a bad option. In my case I don't always have great hand at set-up and Tropical Beach, which I do often draw into towards the beginning, consistently helps my situation, and is thus worth the space. And I know other players suffer similar situations, and if not for people calling a combo bad, they may find a combo works for them.

Back