Triple Battle - Trick Room

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
So this is my team for the GBU.

Strategy: Basically it's a strategy using Jellicent as its main attacker. I've tweaked in some ideas I saw from some other guys, such as Amoonguss. The concept is to use Pokemon with survivability in order to protect Jellicent and keep its HP high for Water Spouts. Of course, even if Jellicent falls, the team can pull its own weight. My problem is any team which can take out Bronzong and Amoonguss at the same time, another Trick Room strategy in case I misuse Trick Room, Ferrothorn, and Imprison. Also, special defenders can prove quite troublesome.

Bronzong:
Sassy Nature, 252 Def EVs, 252 Sp. Def EVs, 6 HP EVs
Ability: Heatproof
Item: Lum Berry
Moves:
Psychic
Reflect
Trick Room
Rain Dance
Bronzong is the main setupper of the team. Has Rain Dance to power Jellicent, Gastrodon and Suicune, Reflect to counter Jellicent's low Defense, and Psychic in case it gets Taunted. Lum Berry is in case someone manages to land a Spore or a Thunder Wave, threatening the strategy. I'm not quite sure about Heatproof however, I think Levitate is better. I chose this in place of Cresselia or Uxie due to its typing and its lower Spd. As you can see, I've thrown everything in Defense; I want Bronzong to survive round 1 no matter the cost.

Amoonguss:
Sassy Nature, 252 Def EVs, 252 Sp. Def EVs, 6 HP EVs
Ability: Effect Spore
Item: Black Sludge
Moves:
Sludge Bomb
Giga Drain
Spore
Rage Powder
Amoonguss is the team's disruptor. Rage Powder and Spore stop opposing strategies, while Giga Drain and Black Sludge keep it alive.Sludge Bomb is in case I don't need disruption but just a quick finish. Amoonguss might not be the bulkiest guy around, but it has considerable disrupting power. Its main purpose lies in the 1st round. It draws anything single targetted, saving Bronzong in many cases. Even if Amoonguss faints, it will have served its purpose.

Jellicent:
Quiet Nature, 252 Sp. Atk EVs, 252 Sp. Def EVs, 6 HP EVs
Ability: Water Absorb
Item: Sitrus Berry
Moves:
Water Spout
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power (Fire)
Protect
The team's main sweeper. Sitrus Berry, Protect and Water Absorb are all for keeping HP high for Water Spout. Shadow Ball is for STAB. Hidden Power is for countering Grass types, especially Ferrothorn, which I consider a big threat. What I do is use Protect in 1st round in case the opponent has a multi-target move or if Amoonguss won't last more than one shot, then I spam Water Spout. If I don't see any potential hazard, I start spamming right away. If HP drops, then I still have Shadow Ball.

Suicune:
Relaxed Nature, 252 Def EVs, 252 Sp. Def EVs, 6 HP EVs
Ability: Pressure
Item: Leftovers
Moves:
Surf
Protect
Toxic
Mirror Coat
The purpose of Suicune is to power up Gastrodon and heal Jellicent. Also, it is useful for late stages of the battle, thanks to its good 1v1 potential. It can also take out tanks and special sweepers thanks to Mirror Coat and Toxic. So generally, it's a support and at the same time a guy to get me out of rough corners.

Gastrodon:
Quiet Nature, 252 Sp. Atk, EVs, 252 HP EVs, 6 Sp. Def EVs
Ability: Storm Drain
Item: Rindo Berry
Moves:
Muddy Water
Earth Power
Recover
Rain Dance
Gastrodon is the other Special sweeper of the team. Also a Rain Dancer, it boosts Jellicent and Suicune and is based upon Suicune's Surf for power-up. Recover and Rindo Berry give it survivability and some defense against grass types. I had tried Rest and Chesto Berry, but I got wrecked a few times so I reverted to this. In general, Gastrodon's typing and HP plus its great ability make up for a really dangerous combination.

Machamp:
Brave Nature, 252 Atk EVs, 252 HP EVs, 6 Sp. Def EVs
Ability: No Guard
Item: Life Orb
Moves:
DynamicPunch
Cross Chop
Stone Edge
Bulk Up
Machamp is a physical powerhouse, boosted even more by No Guard and Bulk Up. Covers up the team's weakness against heavy special defenders such as Blissey. I chose it over other slow attackers because of its ability, its Ferrothorn-breaking power but mostly because I wanted to run something which could throw some powerful single hits to opponents water types can't beat. It's designed for anything the massive area damage of Surf-Muddy Water-Water Spout can't beat.

Edit: I fixed descriptions. I might add pictures later, 'cos my 3DS has some trouble with that, so I'll need a PC.

RE: Triple Battle-Trick Room

Please give more descriptions of what each Pokemon does, as well as pictures for each Pokemon would be good, other than that, approved

Back