Trick Room

Then are there any faster Pokemon that I could use instead of Hydreigon? I feel that Choice Scarf restricts my move choices.

If you want to keep it a dragon, Latios and Latias are the only things as fast as another Latios. Salamence and Garchomp are a little faster than Hydreigon although slower than the Latis, with Mence tying and the Chomp outspeeding base 100 speed mons. That's about it in terms of faster dragons, unless I'm forgetting something.

Even when it's Latios vs. Latios, going toe to toe in a Speed tie is never fun, especially in doubles. That's why if people use something like Hydra, Mence, Chomp, or Latios, there's normally a TWaver or a mon with Icy Wind. Since you run TR, those options might not be the best. At the same time, using TR so Hydra outspeeds those mons is a futile attempt, as the original point of Hydra was to have something fast without TR.

I just checked and it's:

Latios/Latias: 110 Base
Salamence/Flygon: 100 Base
Hydreigon: 98 Base
Haxorus: 97 Base
Kingdra: 85 Base

(Top 100 Speed Stat)

Not sure between Latios/Latias to use. I'm leaning more towards Latias for the bulk, but someone correct me if it should be Latios for the power.

I'd go for Latios. The extra power it gains is unbelievable with a Dragon Gem or Life Orb (heck, you could even put a Sash on it). The best part?

252 SpAtk Dragon Gem Latios Draco Meteor vs 252 HP/116 SpDef Thundurus (+SpDef) : 91.94% - 108.6%
56.25% chance to OHKO

252 SpAtk Dragon Gem Latios Draco Meteor vs 252 HP/88 SpDef Rotom-W: 99.36% - 117.2%
93.75% chance to OHKO

252 SpAtk Dragon Gem Latios Draco Meteor vs 252 HP/104 SpDef Sableye: 140.13% - 164.97%
Guaranteed OHKO :)

252 SpAtk Dragon Gem Latios Draco Meteor vs 252 HP/140 SpDef Cresselia (+SpDef) : 51.98% - 61.23%
2 hits to KO

Not too bad if I dare say so myself. It's certainly worth a shot. Just be aware that you would be running three Psychic types.

Would something like Claydol or Bronzong be a better Trick Room setter than Reuniclus? I'm saying, anything immune to sandstorm damage and that can also set up Trick Room.

Magic Guard Reuniclus. Problem solved, no? I'm pretty sure MGuard guards against that.

EDIT: unless you mean something that won't get completely smoldered by the Pokemon in Sand. Then that is yet another thing to think over.

So in other words, you need something that won't get completely killed by Tar that can still set up TR.

Let's see what we have here....

Looks like your only reliable options are Whimsicott and Bronzong. Not sure atm as for what would be good in that slot. Cott's ratio of HP / Def is only 60 / 85, whereas Bronzong packs 67 / 116. Each one has its own style of support, too.

Back