Trick Room Rain Ideas

How is Storm Drain better in Drizzle Teams? I've rarely came across any good Ground or Fire Types that I could run in my Trick Room Rain team. I see where you're getting at with Lightningrod for VGC's as the only decent users of that ability are Manectric and Raichu (they're subpar at best I guess) although the best one to utilize that ability being Zapdos hasn't been officially released in the Dream World yet.

Problem I see here is that Zapdos has too high of Base Speed to be any good in Trick Room Rain unless it has an Iron Ball attached or something else that lowers it's Speed under Trick Room like Macho Brace. It does have access to Heat Wave which is great against Rain Team threats that want to hit with super-effective Grass Type moves, as well as Roost for self heal and Thunder under the Rain.

Zapdos has too many counters for me to want to play it. I could consider it it you argue for it convincingly.

I wouldn't recommend running Zapdos in a Trick Room Rain Team unless If it's a regular Rain Team where Zapdos can fully take advantage of it's Speed. Unfortunately it doesn't have access to Grass Knot, Ice Beam, or Energy Ball so you'll need to get a Hidden Power of Base 70 for Grass or Ice to help cover for weakness on your team, yeah Stone Edge is a problem for it but that's why you run Roost with Leftovers/Sitrus Berry or go the SubRoost route with it.

Back