• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded TrevenantPlume

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
So with the new Grass type Phantump and Trevenant that came out in Guardians Rising, I did a big of finagling and traded myself into a playset of each and a copy of XY Trev. One of my first thoughts looking at GRI Trevenant was that, "Huh. That's actually not terrible if you paired it with Vileplume." So that's exactly what I did, and so far it's working but I get the feeling my list is not nearly as streamlined as it should be.

So with all that being said, here's the list itself and things I'm planning on doing to improve it. Note that I only have the one Shaymin EX.

Deck List

Pokemon: 16
  • Phantump GRI x 4
  • Trevenant GRI x 3
  • Trevenent XY x 1
  • Oddish AOR x 4
  • Gloom AOR x 3
  • Vileplume AOR x 4
  • Shaymin EX ROS x 1
Trainers: 32
  • Supporters: 14
  • Sycamore x 4
  • N x 2
  • Brock's Grit x 1
  • Lysandre x 1
  • Misty's Determination x 1
  • Teammates x 1
  • Skyla x 1
  • Wally x 2
  • AZ x 1
  • Items: 13
  • Field Blower x 1
  • Heavy Ball x 1
  • Ultra Ball x 4
  • VS Seeker x 3
  • Muscle Band x 2
  • Float Stone x 2
  • Stadiums: 5
  • Dimension Valley x 1
  • Forest of Giant Plants x 4
Energy: 8
  • Psychic x 4
  • Double Colorless Energy x 4
Strategy

The optimal Turn 1 is to turbo out Trev GRI + Muscle Band + a Vileplume on Bench with another draw Supporter on the hand for next turn.

That doesn't always pan out, though, and that's why I have 2 Wally in the deck so I can either A. get as close to that perfect T1 as possible or B. get out Trev XY so I have a sort of Vileplume lite while I can continue setting up.

Optimally, with my opponent's hand being stuffed with useless Item cards, Trev GRI can swing for 180 - 270 depending on how hard they're bricked.

Improvements:

My current considerations are:
- 1 D Valley
- 1 Field Blower
+ 2 Trubbish GRI
+ 2 Garbodor GRI

But the issue with that is that I have 2 cards leftover that I'd have to remove for that Garb lineup. As for why the Garb lineup, I've noticed that if I can't get a Trev powered up in time, I have a really hard time getting damage on the board.

Garb fixes this by A. giving me a good option going second and B. being a one energy attacker that punishes my opponent for trying to unbrick their hands via Sycamore.

I have no idea where to take this list aside from what I've noted. I'm also considering trying to bring this into Standard but I'm not sure how I'd go about that either since I'll be sorely missing Trev XY...

Anyway, thanks in advance!

You should definitely run a Trevenant BREAK. It's a great card in plumelock for the same reason it's good in trevlock (lysandre something beefy in while item based retreat is blocked then silent fear to wipe the field), plus you change your offensive typing which lets you deal with psychic weak stuff better if the situation arises. A Nervous Seed Trevenant is a good way to deal with Volcanion as well. I think that in a plumelock deck in expanded you shouldn't bother running Trev XY anyways.

Your Plume/Oddish/Gloom count is much too high. Take it down to 2/2/2 and use the freed up cards to add a few battle compressors and revitalizers, these will help you build your field quickly. You shouldn't need Trev XY's lock at all with compressor/revitalizer since it makes getting a t1 or 2 Vileplume very consistent. You might not want to go balls to the wall with acro bikes and trainers' mails as well due to Garbodor being around, but you want to build around getting that early lock.

I don't think that Garb belongs in an item lock focused deck at all. If you want to lock you need to go all in on locking and if you've locked them early they won't have played very many items regardless.

You should definitely run a Trevenant BREAK. It's a great card in plumelock for the same reason it's good in trevlock (lysandre something beefy in while item based retreat is blocked then silent fear to wipe the field), plus you change your offensive typing which lets you deal with psychic weak stuff better if the situation arises. A Nervous Seed Trevenant is a good way to deal with Volcanion as well. I think that in a plumelock deck in expanded you shouldn't bother running Trev XY anyways.

Your Plume/Oddish/Gloom count is much too high. Take it down to 2/2/2 and use the freed up cards to add a few battle compressors and revitalizers, these will help you build your field quickly. You shouldn't need Trev XY's lock at all with compressor/revitalizer since it makes getting a t1 or 2 Vileplume very consistent. You might not want to go balls to the wall with acro bikes and trainers' mails as well due to Garbodor being around, but you want to build around getting that early lock.

I don't think that Garb belongs in an item lock focused deck at all. If you want to lock you need to go all in on locking and if you've locked them early they won't have played very many items regardless.

As soon as I get access to Trev Break and Revitalizers, you've got it. For now this is what I've got to work with.

Also been testing the 2-2 Garb and... it doesn't feel right at all, actually...

Back