Ruling TrevenantBREAK against Fairy Decks

TreeckoGirl

Aspiring Trainer
I'm back with more questions!

Recently I played a game where my Trev deck was up against a Fairy deck and came across an interesting question.

TrevenantBREAK's attack places 3 damage counters on each of the opponent's pokemon. However, fairy decks have the option to run Wonder Energy which states that it can "prevent all effects of attack, except damage, done to the Pokemon this card is attached to." I take it this means that it would stop Trev's attack from placing damage counters? However, if the opponent was not running Wonder Energy but was running Bench Barrier Mr. Mime which will "prevent all damage done to your Benched Pokemon by attacks" could I still place damage counters on everyone on the bench?

If I instead decide to use XY Trevenant's attack which does 60 damage and "does 20 damage to 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon" and the opponent has a Bench Barrier Mr. Mime I take it that I will do the full 60 damage to the Active Pokemon regardless of Wonder Energy attachment but the Bench will not take the 2x20 damage from this attack?

And in advance I'd like to say that I really appreciate this forum and the help it can provide with problems like this.

1088238.jpg

144.jpg

XY8_EN_97.png

Trevenant.XY.55.png

I take it this means that it would stop Trev's attack from placing damage counters?
Yes.

However, if the opponent was not running Wonder Energy but was running Bench Barrier Mr. Mime which will "prevent all damage done to your Benched Pokemon by attacks" could I still place damage counters on everyone on the bench?
You bet.

If I instead decide to use XY Trevenant's attack which does 60 damage and "does 20 damage to 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon" and the opponent has a Bench Barrier Mr. Mime I take it that I will do the full 60 damage to the Active Pokemon regardless of Wonder Energy attachment but the Bench will not take the 2x20 damage from this attack?
Correct.

Back