• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Trevenant BREAK and Honchkrow

AverageAvenger

Canadian Card Fox
So, I had a little idea on making a deck with Raven Claw Honchkrow from Guardians Rising but I wasn't too sure how to execute it. I finally decided on making an Expanded Deck featuring Trevenant from XY Base along with Trevenant BREAK. Here's the list.

Pokemon
2 x Phantump - BKP-64
2 x Trevenant - XY-55
2 x Trevenant BREAK - BKP-66
4 x Murkrow - GRI-78
4 x Honchkrow - GRI-79
3 x Oranguru - SUM-113
2 x Oricorio - GRI-55

Item/Supporter/Stadium

4 x Shauna - FCO-111
3 x N - FCO-105
3 x Trainers' Mail - ROS-92
2 x Lysandre - AOR-78
2 x Altar of the Moone - GRI-117
3 x Choice Band - GRI-121
3 x Professor's Letter - BKT-146
4 x VS Seeker - PHF-109
3 x Ultra Ball - SUM-135
2 x Float Stone - BKT-137

Energy

4 x Double Colorless Energy - Special - SUM-136
8 x Psychic Energy - Basic

The basic idea here is to start off with Phantump, ideally going second in the match. I'm using BREAKpoint for it's Ascension attack which will let you have Trevenant next turn to disable your opponent's Item cards. Once you get some Honchkrow up, you should have Trevenant BREAK in your active to start dumping damage counters on your opponent's Pokemon. I have Altar of the Moone here to lower retreat costs on Trev and Oranguru/Oricorio should they come out. But basically, once Trevenant BREAK has put out enough damage, you bring in Honchkrow to use Raven's Claw with DCE to put out some major damage. Oranguru helps with draw power in the later game whereas Oricorio's ability lets me search out Psychic Energies and DCEs. I've also got Choice Bands for Honchkrow to hit for even more damage on EXs and GXs. Please feel free to leave your suggestions on what I should do with this deck and how I can improve upon it. Thanks!

-Just for startes so you know, oricorio only searches for basic energy, so no dce.
-If you want to start phantump then why only 2 not 4? And you could use the grass varient with forest of giant plants to get trevenent out t1.
-why 3 oranguru? 1 should be more than enough.
-the 2 oricorio really arnt needed when you have 12 energy you should always have enough. And neither are the 3 professors letters
-sycamore>shauna
-if you intend to use alter of the moone for retreating do you really need the float stones
-add some recovery cards like super rod and rescue stretchers so you dont run out of honchkrows
-4 ultra balls
-while it would remove the item lock tapu koko promo, sm 30 and 31, is significantly faster vairient of the deck that you could consider

-Just for startes so you know, oricorio only searches for basic energy, so no dce.
-If you want to start phantump then why only 2 not 4? And you could use the grass varient with forest of giant plants to get trevenent out t1.
-why 3 oranguru? 1 should be more than enough.
-the 2 oricorio really arnt needed when you have 12 energy you should always have enough. And neither are the 3 professors letters
-sycamore>shauna
-if you intend to use alter of the moone for retreating do you really need the float stones
-add some recovery cards like super rod and rescue stretchers so you dont run out of honchkrows
-4 ultra balls
-while it would remove the item lock tapu koko promo, sm 30 and 31, is significantly faster vairient of the deck that you could consider
Alright, so I talked it over with my friend (He's been researching deck stuff for a while, might actually be getting a job at the card shop that I regulate), and he gave me this list.

Pokemon
3 x Phantump
3 x Trevenant
3 x Trevenant BREAK
4 x Murkrow
4 x Honchkrow
2 x Remoraid
2 x Octillery

Item/Supporter/Stadium
4 x Evosoda
3 x Professor Sycamore
2 x Lysandre
2 x Trainers' Mail
2 x Professor's Letter
2 x N
4 x Puzzle of Time
3 x Float Stone
2 x Skyla
3 x VS Seeker

Energy
4 x Double Colorless Energy - Special
8 x Psychic Energy - Basic

The basic idea still is to have Phantump start off, but now you have some Evosodas to help with getting out Honchkrow and Trev BREAK faster. He suggested that I bring the Octillery for draw power, as I don't have the money nor resources to trade for or buy Shaymins. Skyla is to get other Trainers set up while we've decided to scrap the Altar of the Moone altogether. I know there are still a few flaws and that the Koko idea is still out there if I think of reconsidering (Thank you by the way. That`ll be in the back of my head if things don`t work out), but I`m hoping I don`t have to make too many major reworks.

I was also thinking of possibly a Computer Search? It would seem unprecedented but it helps get a faster setup.

Back