• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Trevanent / Accelgor / Mew

D To The Arkrai

Aspiring Trainer
I freakin love this deck......im using it for states

Experience: veteren

Pokemon: 20
  • 4 Phantump
  • 3 Trevanent
  • 3 Shelmet
  • 3 Accelgor
  • 3 Mew EX
  • 1-1-1 Dusknoir
  • 1 Jirachi EX
Trainers: 34
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 Shauna
  • 4 Skyla
  • 2 Colress
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Float Stone
  • 2 Virbank City Gym / Tropical Beach
  • 2 Super Rod
  • 3 Evo Soda
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
    2 muscle band
Energy: 6
  • 4 DCE
  • 2 Psychic
The strategy of this deck is to get out Trevanent on the bench with a float stone an Accelgor and Dusknoir with a Mew active with a DCE. You use deck and cover sending Mew into the deck and making trev the active locking your opponent from using trainers. You also want to get your deck as small as possible so you can keep redrawing into Mew with a DCE.

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

RE: Trevanent/accelgor/mew lock

I feel like you want to use Shauna instead of N. Or maybe a Shauna/N split. Late game Shauna is much better than a late game N at drawing into the Mew and DCE you need for that turn.

Either way, what is your plan for Virizion Ex or Slurpuff? My roommate is going to run this deck for states as well. But my fairy deck just always stomps it with status immunities.

I would (please don't rage) like to suggest a bad matchup you may want to tech for. KELDEO. So if you attack me with mew, you aren't even hitting for weakness, and if you bring out trevanent then I just play 3 water on a keldeo or my PLF kyurem. I don't see any special tech, and only one tool scrapper may not do it. Finally, you may want to ditch a evosoda or to for some of those scrappers mentioned earlier. Good luck at states!

Accelgor/Trevenant is actually really good against Keldeo because it both prevents you from getting a Blastoise out because you can't play Candies (This is assuming you don't run Wartortle because most don't), and it hits Keldeo for weakness. I get what you're saying with the double Rush In, however I do not see the need. I would consider running Muscle Band in general, but I wouldn't be trying to tech against a deck that already has a tough time with you.

Kecleon-X said:
Accelgor/Trevenant is actually really good against Keldeo because it both prevents you from getting a Blastoise out because you can't play Candies (This is assuming you don't run Wartortle because most don't), and it hits Keldeo for weakness. I get what you're saying with the double Rush In, however I do not see the need. I would consider running Muscle Band in general, but I wouldn't be trying to tech against a deck that already has a tough time with you.

As I said, I just play PLF kyurem. You aren't hitting for weakness, and I easily get the ko.

socery said:
Kecleon-X said:

As I said, I just play PLF kyurem. You aren't hitting for weakness, and I easily get the ko.
Thanks for he advise and i really dont know what to tech in for virision or slurpuff

Garbodor. Simple. A 1-1 or 2-2 does the job. I like mine un-teched, and if you are teching, it probably isn't the right meta to play this deck in.

The only problem with garbodor is that it both makes mew kind of useless and trevenant a lot weaker. So you have no choice but to run more Accelgor in your deck to balance it out incase you do have to fight a virizion/slurpuff deck. You need to be able to reliably get out an accelgor, shelmet, and double colorless each turn to be able to continue the lock. Which in turn means you need more reliable draw support as well.

I cant really see flareon working well with this deck. Since the attackers rarely get knocked out, but shuffled back in, you dont really charge up flareon. If a fire type is what you are aiming for. Maybe Reshiram with outrage is a better choice. It will not get OHKOed by Virgen, unless G booster is equipped (or deoxys ex). So basically it will probably get hit by 50-120 damage with muscle band. Which then inturn gives you enough damage while also equipped with a muscle band to OHKO both VIrizion and Genesect.

Back