• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Trevanant BREAK+A Friend

Ianmar021214

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon (15)
3 phantump BKP-64
3 trevanant BKP-65
3 trevanant BREAK BKP-66
3 noibat BUS-109
3 noivern GX BUS-99

Trainers (33)
4 po town
2 team skull grunt
3 Delinquent
3 red card
3 peeking red card
3 N
3 professor Sycamore
3 nest balls
3 ultra balls
3 rescue stretcher
3 super rod

Energy (12)
5 psychic energy
5 darkness energy
2 double colourless energy

Tactics:
Its a disruption deck that tries to chip away at the enemy. When i am set up i can use po town to do more damage to my opponents pokemon when they evolve or if the play basics trevanant can increase the amount they must pay to attack. Noivern GX can item lock my opponent but then trevanant's ability wont work but noivern has a free retreat anyway.

Noivern GX attack can help to set up alot of KO'S it is possible to ko everything at once altough highly unlikely.

Another option for a buddy is Hounchcrow from guardians rising as he does alot of damage after a single attack from trevanant break.

Peeking red card is a new card from crimson invasion. It lets me see the opponent's hand count the number of cards in it and make my opponent shuffle his hand back into his deck and draw that many cards. As its a trainer card i find it fits here well

Please give your advice

I don't really like Po Town here as you are basically also evolving a stage 2 with Trev Break. This may hurt you more than your opponent.

Don't need that much energy or super rods or even hand disruption with the red cards. Espeon ex is a must in this deck and you definitely need counter energy of you plan to take all your prizes at once

Don't need that much energy or super rods or even hand disruption with the red cards. Espeon ex is a must in this deck and you definitely need counter energy of you plan to take all your prizes at once

I didn't think of that either. Counter Energy would be really good here.

Thanks all will make a few changes.
Po town i can shut off with Delinquent so i get value out of it when its on the field and when i remove it. So i can evolve without the hurt

A few thoughts for your consideration:
  • You have a total of only 6 Basic Pokémon which means, chances are, you will mulligan a few times (giving your opponent some extra cards at game's start) and/or you'll be handicapped at game's start should any of your Basics be prized. Running a 4th N can help mitigate the mulligans risk. On the other hand, would you be better served by breaking thes 2 line into separate decks???
  • You have 2 Pokémon lines that not only require setup, but also multiple, energy attachment before attacking. And you have no energy attachment-acceleration "engine;" thus, your setup will be inherently "slow."
  • Why 6 cards devoted to resources recovery and recycling? You'd be better serve reducing this count and adding more Basic Pokémon; this would lead to fewer mulligans, faster setup, and fewer resources to recover and recycle.
  • Po Town will not be that helpful to you against opponents running primarily Basic and/or few Stage 1 decks. Have you considered running Parallel City (another disruption card) for these particular match-ups?
  • Although Peeping Red Card can make your Team Skull Grunt or Delinquent play more effective; the opponent's shuffling and drawing new cards can also backfire on you at times too. What about using Captivating Poké Puff instead?
  • If your strategy depends upon disrupting your opponent's hand often, then you may need to incorporate some type of supplemental card-draw support that is Pokémon-based (e.g., Octillery or Oranguru) and not supporter-based since you'll most likely disrupt your opponent with a Supporter.
Suggested deck changes:

-3 Pepping Red Card
-2 Po Town
-1 Red Card
-1 Rescue Stretcher
-1 Super Rod

+1 Noibat
+1 Phantump
+3 Captivating Poké Puff
+1 N
+2 Parallel City

I hope you find these comments helpful.

I think you don't need po town as that actually tends to hurt you more than your opponent, as one of the great things about trevenant is the 110 HP. I would definitely replace them with parallel. Maybe put in meowstic, to move your opponents damage counters?

Back