Trekking Shoes is the Future – Decks that Go Fast

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello everyone! EUIC as the first major post-rotation tournament is fast approaching. As of writing this, I leave tomorrow and still have lots of testing to do! There are lots of interesting new ideas and speculation for this new format, and several online tournaments have already taken place. Today I will share two decks that I have been working on. Both have been very strong and consistent in testing so far, and they are quite fun to play. Let’s get into it.
Miraidon ex
In my last article I said that Miraidon ex was overrated and Tier 2 at best. Although Tier 2 isn’t that bad, this inspired me to work on the archetype and see what I could do with it. I thought about how the main thing that was special about Miraidon ex is its ability to get a turn 1 attack. I figured that if I made a list that could consistently get the turn 1...

Continue reading...

Great article! I enjoyed reading the insights on how to play the archetype and on why you chose what cards you did. The free section of this article was even meatier than unusual, which I appreciate. I was even feeling a little nostalgic, remembering when I first began reading the program.
Also, thanks for mentioning that you tried Switching Cups and that the idea still has merit, even if it didn’t make the cut this time. I’m sure that information could be useful.
Thanks for writing this article. And thanks, everyone else involved in the process of brainstorming, editing, publication, etc.

Does the HP difference between Miraidon and Raikou matter at all? Are there any particular matchups where you think about this?

Been playing mainly Miraidon since rotation and I actually ended up with a pretty similar list to yours. First question, why don't you play Arven in this deck? I find that Arven is often my preferred supporter for the turn. Second, I play 1 choice belt. For hitting 310 for the mirror match with Regieleki VMAX or against Mew VMAX, this seems very useful, as I pretty much always have at least 2 of my own Regieleki VMAX setup but not often the third.

Does the HP difference between Miraidon and Raikou matter at all? Are there any particular matchups where you think about this?

Been playing mainly Miraidon since rotation and I actually ended up with a pretty similar list to yours. First question, why don't you play Arven in this deck? I find that Arven is often my preferred supporter for the turn. Second, I play 1 choice belt. For hitting 310 for the mirror match with Regieleki VMAX or against Mew VMAX, this seems very useful, as I pretty much always have at least 2 of my own Regieleki VMAX setup but not often the third.
I've often noticed a lot of matches using a Miraidon/Regieleki that it doesn't fully matter, some of the best decks do over 220 damage anyway with maybe one or two exceptions.

Back