• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Trees (Trevenant)

MikeMcfly87

Underrated & Underappreciated
Been out of the Trainer game for a while. Just getting back in. Went to a tournament and didn't fair as well as I thought with a Fairy/Psychic Deck. So, working on a new couple decks. Here's one. Curious what you guys/gals think about this Trees deck.

Pokémon:
  • 4 Phantup (XY)
  • 4 Trevenant(XY)
  • 1 Wobbuffet (Phantom Forces)
  • 1 Gengar EX (Phantom Forces)
  • 1 Hoopa EX (Ancient Origins)
  • 1 Mewtwo EX (BREAKthrough)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Evosoda
  • 4 Tierno
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 AZ
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 1 Team Flare Grunt
  • 1 Maintenance
  • 1 Heavy Ball
  • 1 Repeat Ball
  • 1 Robo Substitute
  • 1 Brigette
  • 1 Crushing Hammer
  • 1 Dimension Valley
Energy:
  • 15 Psychic Energy
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy
  • 1 Mystery Energy
Strategy:

I'm thinking about getting one more Brigette and replacing a Sycamore. Then also getting 2 more Muscle Bands to replace 2 Sycamores. And/or I will get some VS Seekers to add in as well.

I think Trevenant's a really fun deck. In fact, you've just inspired me to take the Trees to League on Tuesday!

The very first thing I would recommend is to take the Evosodas out of your deck and replace them with Wally. Wally enables you to item lock on the very first turn of the game if you can draw into him, or your first turn regardless. If you play Wally, I think you need 4 Trainer's Mail to draw into him, so I would say to turn your Tiernos into Trainer's Mail.

I recommend adding Enhanced Hammer, maybe 1 or 2, for extra disruption. Team Flare Grunt is good too. Running just 1 Crushing Hammer might be unreliable, so maybe include a Xerosic. And I'd replace some of your other 1-ofs (Ultra Ball, Heavy Ball, Maintenance) with more Dimension Valleys.

Energy-wise, 15 Psychic is way too much imo. I run 4 DCE, 6 Psychic and maybe 1 Mystery energy, but if you like Mystery Energy more you could up that. Don't forget that Float Stone is out, and can be used to save your energy attachment for the turn, while still having a similar effect.

I like your Pokemon lineup, but I don't think Hoopa's necessary unless you decide to play Shaymin. If you don't have any Shaymin, I recommend some Unowns for extra draw power. You really want to get to that Wally.

I wish you luck with the deck, it's one of my favourites!

Back