• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Trees of doom! Trevenant / Accelgor

Status
Not open for further replies.

helti

Gaming Maniac
Pokemon
Amount: 20

Trainers
  • Evolutionary Soda x4
  • Ultra Ball x2
  • Crushing hammer x3
  • Red Card x3
  • Level Ball x2
  • Float stone x2
  • Tool Scrapper x2
  • Computer Search x1
  • Enchanted hammer x1
  • N x4
  • Juniper x4
  • Ghetsis x2
  • Skyla x3
  • Tropical Beach x2
Amount: 36

Energy
  • Double Colorless Energy x4
Amount: 4

Strategy
The Strategy of this deck, if you are familiar with Gothitelle, is to Lock down your opponent with Trevenant, and have Accelgor Holding your opponents Pokemon in place.
Basicly, with Trevenant on it's way, we have time to prepare a deck similar to Gothitelle, just with more cards and better setups!
Unlike Gothitelle, Treevenant has a very easy time setting up T2, Either with balls, Soda, skyla for either(preferably soda).
Mew Ex copies attacks, so that you have more than a few of Accelgors attacks going.
Also hammers are there for hammering down your enemies, and Red card is there to disrupt your enemies.

This deck will just about lock everything, Forcing people to use more Stage 1's for their Stage 2 Decks, throwing items into the wall and play quick, or else they are in for a surprise.
These are my thoughts on the deck against other current Meta-game decks, although not tested, it is still quite likely to happen this way.

Darkrai/Sableye and variants
Trees will lock sableye from being usefull, the only thing Sableye can do is be a bullet magnet if the deck cannot snatch a turn or two to power up. However the techs of the decks are shut down, Dark patch and claw are not playable, Catcher, Escape rope are not playable, Tree's Tool scrapper can get rid of any past Claws.
Either way, Darkrai will have a hard time setting up, Especially with Accelgor probably going for 50+30 for the Virbank, knocking out Sableye, and Staggering damage quickly on Darkrai, Keldeo is not going to help, wether it can retreat or not as the items are still locked, it is also an easy target to focus down if needed, for things such as hammers etc.
The Garbordor Variants are no exception, with Accelgor still stacking damage quickly, and locking the active in place, Tool scrapper will do the job, freezing the opponent in place, and not being able to disable the ability.

Empoleon and variants.
Empoleon will have a very difficult time setting up, without items, getting the full line of Empoleon will be nearly impossible, also the Lock on the deck Forces an instant win against Empoleon, as most Empoleon decks and variants have no way of recovering from the high amounts of damage that is stacking up each turn, locking the opponent in place very easily, admittedly, if there is one leak in Trees, Empoleon might get one KO or so, but it is easy to recover from.
Leafeon makes no exception, with the small amount of energies in this deck, and most of them not being played until the Pokemon are attacking, Leafeon will not be able to make it's attack valuable, And Dusknoir in Empoleon will not help, as the damage will most likely just KO a Tree, or just not be worth it.

Blastoise/Keldeo/Black kyurem
Blastoise might have a hard time to set up, but most likely won't be there on T2, which forces Blastoise to have a hard time to set up. Hammers might have a small impact on this deck, but locking the opponent from using Energy retrievals, means Knocking out the Energies first will make the Match-up quite easy, it also means that Black kyurem is not a viable option. The increased damage on the Water Pokemon Though, makes Trees Increasingly much better against this deck, meaning if The Paralyzelock successfully works(although not likely with 2 Keldeos in play) will kill of Blastoises one by one.

Ho-oh...
Ho-oh will not be able to use Ultra ball, it's that simple, No discards, no Powering up, rendering the deck weak.

Virizon Genesect.
This is why I added in hammers, Discarding the opponents energies, and then locking them from using colress machines may set them back a few turns, and also slow them down, maybe even let you Paralyze the opponent, but locking the opponent from using item cards is always a problem for them, but locking the opponent from attaching the G-booster will only benefit you to save Dusclops/Mew Ex.
It is not easy to say what Virizion and Genesect matchups will be like against trees, as the deck is pretty viable, and can come very variable. Variants with Deoxys may be a much bigger problem in many situations too.

I do not know myself how things are going to work out, and thus I do not know exactly how good the cards synergize, I know of a few combinations that might work well, such as Ghetsis and Escape rope, but there are a lot of options with the stage 1 Gothorita out of the way, and instantly skip it to be a stage 1 Gothitelle with slightly less health.
Let me know what you think, drop in your opinions, and let me know what you think is the better call.
hqdefault.jpg

I did not build the deck in the end, and I do not plan to either, there are other maybe better ideas, so please discard this thread entirely.

Cake101

-3 psychic energy
+2 tropical beach
+1 skyla

helti

Gaming Maniac
Cake101 said:
I'm pretty sure gothitelle plays Tropical beach, and also only plays four energy, four DCE. So I'd suggest:

-3 psychic energy
+2 tropical beach
+1 skyla
Indeed, thanks.

Blui

lv85 paladin
I see a fewproblems with Trevenant. Virizion is still a thing, and seeing as Rainbow was reprinted faries also run it, so there's 2 decks that laugh at you already. Secondly, Darkrai still can beat this, they will run 3 Keldeo, even Darkrai Garbodor will do this (See: Worlds 2013), and even with you blocking their search they'll just drop supporters to draw into it. Blastoise just drops Keldeo and 3 Energy, Rushes In and then kills you, only problem for them is if you can get lock up the next turn. Empoleon could either just say screw the matchup or go with a 4-4-4 penguin line, and they'll be using the 90 HP Prinplup to stop you from OHKO'ing it. But I do think the former is more likely.

However, with that said, because of Soda it is a phenomenal deck, but there are some changes I want you to make;
Replace Dowsing Machine with Computer Search. I say this because you want to hit things early, and once you're set up, you've pretty much won, so Comp Search looks better here.

Replace the Colress in this deck for Ghetsis, with Item Lock up you can just get a heap of useful cards from this, especially if you're digging for something. Colress isn't too useful as you opponent isn't going to be loading up their bench due to the search embargo.

helti

Gaming Maniac
Blui said:
I see a fewproblems with Trevenant. Virizion is still a thing, and seeing as Rainbow was reprinted faries also run it, so there's 2 decks that laugh at you already. Secondly, Darkrai still can beat this, they will run 3 Keldeo, even Darkrai Garbodor will do this (See: Worlds 2013), and even with you blocking their search they'll just drop supporters to draw into it. Blastoise just drops Keldeo and 3 Energy, Rushes In and then kills you, only problem for them is if you can get lock up the next turn. Empoleon could either just say screw the matchup or go with a 4-4-4 penguin line, and they'll be using the 90 HP Prinplup to stop you from OHKO'ing it. But I do think the former is more likely.

However, with that said, because of Soda it is a phenomenal deck, but there are some changes I want you to make;
Replace Dowsing Machine with Computer Search. I say this because you want to hit things early, and once you're set up, you've pretty much won, so Comp Search looks better here.

Replace the Colress in this deck for Ghetsis, with Item Lock up you can just get a heap of useful cards from this, especially if you're digging for something. Colress isn't too useful as you opponent isn't going to be loading up their bench due to the search embargo.

Alright, Goodie, thanks for the help, ;)
still think that there is the possibility to change the line entirely just to screw up for Virizion and Xerneas, because there's more space.

TheElite711

Electric Maniac
A friend of mine uses a line of Dusknoir for arranging the damage from Deck and Cover, and can then put extra damage on different targets while using an exact number to get rid of whatever Pokemon he is attacking. Another option is Musharna that lets you look at the top 2 cards of your deck and pick one of them, which is very useful at times.

helti

Gaming Maniac
TheElite711 said:
A friend of mine uses a line of Dusknoir for arranging the damage from Deck and Cover, and can then put extra damage on different targets while using an exact number to get rid of whatever Pokemon he is attacking. Another option is Musharna that lets you look at the top 2 cards of your deck and pick one of them, which is very useful at times.

I am using Dusknoir, and while Musharna is great, it's also a terrible line to start off with, the high retreat makes me not really want to touch the card. But as time comes, I'll see what fits and what doesn't. Thanks for the response!

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
You are indeed using a 1-0-1 Dusknoir line, but no way to put it in play. Evo. Soda does not work like a Rare Candy.

helti

Gaming Maniac
Luispipe8 said:
You are indeed using a 1-0-1 Dusknoir line, but no way to put it in play. Evo. Soda does not work like a Rare Candy.

Forgot that.. sorry. and thanks.
I'll do -1 hammer +1 dusknoir

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Nice deck. Trevenant can be rather viable but he needs disruptive trainers and status enhanchment to work. Cassius would still be a problem and also watch out for Yveltal since he can knock out the Tree fast.

Here is a slightly modified version that contains a little more draw and disruption:

TREEHOUSE OF HORROR

POKEMON (16):

• 4 Phantump
  • 4 Trevenant
  • 3 Shelmet
  • 3 Accelgor
  • 2 Mew Ex

TRAINER (40):

• 2 Enhanched Hammer
  • 4 Evolutionary Soda
  • 3 Crushing Hammer
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 3 Team Flare Grant
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 3 Floating Stone
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 2 Ghetsis
  • 4 Bicycle
  • 3 Skyla
  • 4 N

ENERGY (04):

• 4 Double Colorless Energy

CARD RATIONALE:

I liked the Pokemon selection a lot. Only removed one Mew Ex to be sure the deck does not start with it. The main modifications proposed concern the trainer selection which will be explained below.

Ball and Soda need to be at the maximum to get both evlotions out consistent. Skyla searches out needed trainers. Ghetsis and N draw and disrupt the opponent and Juniper refreshes the hand. Bicylce is a nice addition to this deck which needs a constant card flow.

Hammers and Team Flare Grant ensure that the opponent has little energies on the battlefield. Tool Scrapper discards former tools and covers the Garbodor weakness. Virbank City Stadium works well with Accelgor who poisons and paralyzes. I also increased the number of Floating Stones to nesure Trevenant has one attached turn two or three.

Hope this provides some assistance. Please let me know what you think about the modified version of your deck.

helti

Gaming Maniac
Dark Espeon said:
Nice deck. Trevenant can be rather viable but he needs disruptive trainers and status enhanchment to work. Cassius would still be a problem and also watch out for Yveltal since he can knock out the Tree fast.

Here is a slightly modified version that contains a little more draw and disruption:

TREEHOUSE OF HORROR

POKEMON (16):

• 4 Phantump
  • 4 Trevenant
  • 3 Shelmet
  • 3 Accelgor
  • 2 Mew Ex

TRAINER (40):

• 2 Enhanched Hammer
  • 4 Evolutionary Soda
  • 3 Crushing Hammer
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 3 Team Flare Grant
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 3 Floating Stone
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 2 Ghetsis
  • 4 Bicycle
  • 3 Skyla
  • 4 N

ENERGY (04):

CARD RATIONALE:

I liked the Pokemon selection a lot. Only removed one Mew Ex to be sure the deck does not start with it. The main modifications proposed concern the trainer selection which will be explained below.

Ball and Soda need to be at the maximum to get both evlotions out consistent. Skyla searches out needed trainers. Ghetsis and N draw and disrupt the opponent and Juniper refreshes the hand. Bicylce is a nice addition to this deck which needs a constant card flow.

Hammers and Team Flare Grant ensure that the opponent has little energies on the battlefield. Tool Scrapper discards former tools and covers the Garbodor weakness. Virbank City Stadium works well with Accelgor who poisons and paralyzes. I also increased the number of Floating Stones to nesure Trevenant has one attached turn two or three.

Hope this provides some assistance. Please let me know what you think about the modified version of your deck.

Absolutely fantastic, though it might be difficult to attack every turn, the supporters and trainers make up for it, I'm imagining tons of wins just because the opponents run out of energy [Insert giggle noise here]

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi helti,

The deck is good for sure. Control decks can be evil. Watch out for Darkness decks since the tree is weak to them. Darkrai/Yveltal decks can do well against this deck. The status deck version does not need to attack every turn. It would suffice to attack each second turn and let the status effect work for you.

If you want to attack each turn consider to combine Trevenant with Plasma. This version looses the status effects but could focus more on energy discard and energy attachment punishment. Here is a possible deck list:

TREEHOUSE OF HORROR

POKEMON (11):

SUPPORTER (15):
  • 4 Team Flare Grant (discard)
  • 3 Ghetsis (draw)
  • 3 Skyla (search)
  • 4 N (draw)

SUPPORTER (23):
  • 2 Enhanched Hammer (discard)
  • 4 Crushing Hammer (discard)
  • 4 Evolutionary Soda (search)
  • 3 Colress Maschine (boost)
  • 3 Floating Stone (enable)
  • 2 Tool Scrapper (discard)
  • 3 Plasma Ball (search)
  • 2 Pal Pad (reuse)

STADIUM (3):
  • 3 Frozen City (disable)

ENERGY (08):
  • 4 Plasma Energy

STRATEGY:

The main idea is to have Frozen City out to accumulate damage on ttheir Pokémon and discard their energies with hammers. Start with Phantump and evolve into the tree. Search out Palkia Ex and bench him. Ghetsis and N draw in needed cards and Skyla searches out the needed trainers. Pal Pad is great in this deck since it can reshuffle Supports such as Flare Grant and N into the deck to be re-used later on. This hands the deck some more hammers for its bucks ;).

SPOILER:

Pal Pad - Trainer (Item)
Shuffle 2 Supporter cards from your discard pile back into your deck.

helti

Gaming Maniac
Dark Espeon said:
Hi helti,

The deck is good for sure. Control decks can be evil. Watch out for Darkness decks since the tree is weak to them. Darkrai/Yveltal decks can do well against this deck. The status deck version does not need to attack every turn. It would suffice to attack each second turn and let the status effect work for you.

If you want to attack each turn consider to combine Trevenant with Plasma. This version looses the status effects but could focus more on energy discard and energy attachment punishment. Here is a possible deck list:

TREEHOUSE OF HORROR

POKEMON (11):

SUPPORTER (15):
  • 4 Team Flare Grant (discard)
  • 3 Ghetsis (draw)
  • 3 Skyla (search)
  • 4 N (draw)

SUPPORTER (23):
  • 2 Enhanched Hammer (discard)
  • 4 Crushing Hammer (discard)
  • 4 Evolutionary Soda (search)
  • 3 Colress Maschine (boost)
  • 3 Floating Stone (enable)
  • 2 Tool Scrapper (discard)
  • 3 Plasma Ball (search)
  • 2 Pal Pad (reuse)

STADIUM (3):
  • 3 Frozen City (disable)

ENERGY (08):
  • 4 Plasma Energy

STRATEGY:

The main idea is to have Frozen City out to accumulate damage on ttheir Pokémon and discard their energies with hammers. Start with Phantump and evolve into the tree. Search out Palkia Ex and bench him. Ghetsis and N draw in needed cards and Skyla searches out the needed trainers. Pal Pad is great in this deck since it can reshuffle Supports such as Flare Grant and N into the deck to be re-used later on. This hands the deck some more hammers for its bucks ;).

SPOILER:

Pal Pad - Trainer (Item)
Shuffle 2 Supporter cards from your discard pile back into your deck.

little mistake you did, titleing items as supporters, not much of a worry ^-^.
Anyway, I was just thinking of this deck idea, I just didn't know exactly how it would work out, as the status effect from Accelgor is the lock that the deck uses, without both the Paralock and Dusknoir, the deck won't function as powerfully as it could have.

Phoenix15

Playing Rogue Decks that Don't Do Well Since 2012
What about adding a Vurbank instead of Frozen City? Then, you can get more damage from poised from Deck and Cover. Also, I would put in atleast 1 town map so you can look at your prize cards and make sure you don't get any "cruddy" prize cards. I would also add in Junipers, for hand refreshment when you have low cards/only Juniper. Also, Bycicle and Roller Scates could be a possibility.

Just a suggestion

Kecleon-X

124c41+
Oohf! Again! Again they come -- the necromancers -- they march to our beloved deceased and use their foul, black magic on them! Horrid magical beasts, the Thraugr are -- Part angry, resurrected necranthrope, part facade of a thread once known. I must stop them! Before the necromancers' Thraugr begin to overrun the entire forum! I must stop them while I have the chance... Yes! With my Kido! I seem to be excellent at that! Halt, foul beast, before you hurt someone of which you once cared for!

Bakudo number one!

Sai!

*Thread becomes locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.