• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

TreeLock

blazeguy56

Aspiring Trainer
Experience: Intermediate

Pokemon
  • 4 Phantump
  • 4 Trevenant
  • 2 Mewtwo EX

Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Ghetsis
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 3 Evosoda
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 3 Crushing Hammer
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 2 Pokemon Catcher
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Super Potion

Energy
  • 8 Psychic Energy
  • 3 DCE

Strategy
The strategy is simple. Lock down your opponent as quickly as you can and start hacking away with Trevenant. The lasers are there to add a lot of damage. Hammers are just a nice Tech to have for low energy decks. But anyway, thoughts? Suggestions?

quick suggestion

-2 Mewtwo EX
-1-1 Trevenant
-3 Crushing Hammer
-2 {P} energy

+ 3-3 Accelagor DEX
+1 DCE
+2 Skyla

This will allow you to still maintain the lock while adding damage as well as locking the opponents pokemon in place keeping them from attacking you back and then you can use Trevenant while you set up more Accelagors.

^ That is an entirely different deck. It becomes more of a GothLock than a Trollzytree list.

Have you considered Heavy Ball? If I'm not mistaken, he has three retreat, and there would be no reason to play Evosoda over Heavy Ball, especially since you put the cards in your hand instead of immediately in play. But that's just preference, I suppose! :)

EDIT: Ninja'd. I meant that to be directed at Cortel.

Kecleon-X said:
^ That is an entirely different deck. It becomes more of a GothLock than a Trollzytree list.

Have you considered Heavy Ball? If I'm not mistaken, he has three retreat, and there would be no reason to play Evosoda over Heavy Ball, especially since you put the cards in your hand instead of immediately in play. But that's just preference, I suppose! :)

EDIT: Ninja'd. I meant that to be directed at Cortel.

At the same time, would there be any real reason to run heavy ball over evosoda? Since it's a stage one and heavy ball can't fetch mewtwo EX.

Evosoda is a pretty terrible card in itself, buuuuuuut possibly could be used to some effect. Aaaaaaaaaam no. Heavy ball is actually better by far. Thinning out your deck is the main thing. You can ALWAYS argue that they do the same thing and, yes, they mostly do but its about the little differences that make all the difference. Heavy ball > Evosoda. No doubt, any day.

I understand if you did not want to do this, but maybe add a accelgor to lock down (I'm sure you have thought of this)? The one problem that immediately comes to mind is keldeo decks. If they manually attached and had 5 energy on a keldeo, or got a blastoise before you, good game you lose. Or darkrai, which because of weakness OHKO's Trevenant (spelling is probably wrong sorry). Mewtwo can't really knock out darkrai very easily. Just a couple of things to think about....
-Socery

Back