• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Trash Box (Garbodor, Terrakion EX, Groudon EX) BW-on Final Build

terrynum1

Aspiring Trainer
Trash Box (Garbodor, Terrakion EX, Tornadus EX, Mewtwo EX) BW-on Final Build

This is my trash box deck. FINAL BUILD

This deck is very good despite of what it is comprised of.
Tested this build can counter late game Shaymin EX.

FINAL BUILD
Pokemon 11
3 Trubish (NV)
2 Garbodor (DE)
2 Tornadus EX
2 Terrakion EX
2 Mewtwo EX

Supporters 10
4 Juniper
4 N
2 Bianca

Trainers 27
2 Evolite
2 Giant Cape
3 Rescue Scarf
4 Pokemon Catcher
2 Energy Switch
3 Max Potion
1 Energy Retrieval
3 Switch
2 Random Receiver
3 Heavy Ball
2 Skyarrow Bridge

Energy 12
8 Fighting
4 ColorlessColorless

Key Cards

Trubish
HP60 Weak to Psychic x2 one retreat
Colorless Garbage Collection
Put a card from your discard pile on top of your deck.
PsychicColorless Sludge Bomb 20

Garbodor (DE-54)
Garbotoxin

Terrakion EX

I updated the deck.

RE: Trash Box (Garbodor, Terrakion) for Battle Roads BW-on

I'm thinking about playing this deck myself, but personally I'm not too sure Terrakion EX is needed, (still undecided though). A straight Terrakion line with Mewtwo is what I'm leaning towards with three Garbodor. One of the benefits this has is trying to keep ahead on the prize exchange, whilst also giving out as little as possible. With that, you're not always guaranteed to have the Energy to attach with Terrakion EX.

However, I have heard a few people state that Terrakion EX works quite well with itself and Mewtwo, so perhaps you could play Quad Terrakion EX and base it around that a little more? It's just a shame you can't utilize Max Potion.

I'm torn between a trash deck and a zekeels for battle roads. I like this deck though and may try out something similar

PokéCastXVll said:
I'm thinking about playing this deck myself, but personally I'm not too sure Terrakion EX is needed, (still undecided though). A straight Terrakion line with Mewtwo is what I'm leaning towards with three Garbodor. One of the benefits this has is trying to keep ahead on the prize exchange, whilst also giving out as little as possible. With that, you're not always guaranteed to have the Energy to attach with Terrakion EX.

However, I have heard a few people state that Terrakion EX works quite well with itself and Mewtwo, so perhaps you could play Quad Terrakion EX and base it around that a little more? It's just a shame you can't utilize Max Potion.

The problem with running a straight Terrakion and Mewtwo line is Mewtwo gets one shot two easily and Terrakion can't catch up with the prizes. Terrakion EX is the key card in the deck because it allows for one to pump and not need to worry about using the max potions and discarding energy. The drawback to the Terrakion EX build is the Shaymin EX end of game finish. One Shaymin EX can get 4prizes at the end of the game. I am in the middle of figuring out how to counter this issue.

My top deck that i have been running is my Tor Tex that is based on Tornadus EX Terrakion EX and Mewtwo EX with a Bouffalant (DE) as the tech. The only thing that gives me a hard time when i run this deck is the Hydragion Dragon Deck. That 140 from Hydregion, Shaymin EX, and Sigilyph (DE) are all a paint to kill. My Tor Tex deck wins every time but it's always a very close game thats why i came up with a deck that runs Garbordor.

I like your idea.

MMAmonchan said:
I'm torn between a trash deck and a zekeels for battle roads. I like this deck though and may try out something similar

This is a solid deck and will take many by surprise. I am currently working on a build that will not crumble under one Shaymin EX.

RE: Trash Box (Garbodor, Terrakion EX, Tornadus EX, Mewtwo EX) BW-on Final Build

I feel that someone with sigilyph will kill this deck because of all the attacking pokemon being ex. They would just need to pull garbodor out and it's game.

RE: Trash Box (Garbodor, Terrakion EX, Tornadus EX, Mewtwo EX) BW-on Final Build

ClockTimes said:
I feel that someone with sigilyph will kill this deck because of all the attacking pokemon being ex. They would just need to pull garbodor out and it's game.

I have played the deck against multiple builds of all the main decks for this meta. Garchomp/Alteria, Hydregion/Darkrai, Klingklang/Registeel/Torradus EX/Bouffalant, Ray Eels, etc. I even made a deck that was nothing but bouffalant, sigilyph, and mewtwo ex to counter this deck. This deck still won. Surprisingly the only deck that has had won two matches of seven against my garbodor build was the Hydregion/Darkrai. This was due to an end of game catcher with syamin EX against my terrakion EX. Sigilyph is no threat to this deck. Once it's power is shut down it cannot do anything. The two cards that this deck has a hard time against are bouffalant and shaymin EX. Otherwise this deck is very strong and works well.

What Tornadus EX used for? Wouldn't Groudon EX be better since it uses Fighting energy?

I run a variation of this deck with exp. share and it help's setting up slow attacker's mid game.

varit said:
I run a variation of this deck with exp. share and it help's setting up slow attacker's mid game.

I also run exp.share in my other builds. I just posted a new build that dose not need the exp. share because the deck is all ex's and its based on energy switch and max potion. I swear by Exp. share.

Back