• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Transient Cry (Shedinja / Floette / Shaymin-EX)

appleatingoat

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon:18

• 3 Flabébé
    3 Floette
    3 Nincada
    3 Shedinja
    1 Mr. Mime
    4 Shaymin EX
    1 Jirachi EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:34

• 2 Professor Juniper
    2 N
    2 Colress
    1 Lysandre
    1 Lysandre's Trump Card
    1 Skyla
    3 VS Seeker
    4 Ultra Ball
    1 Evosoda
    2 Switch
    1 Escape Rope
    3 Robo Substitute
    2 Sacred Ash
    1 Professor's Letter
    1 Computer Search
    4 Frozen City
    3 Skyfield
Energy:8

• 4 Rainbow Energy
    4 Grass Energy

Strategy:

Put 2 Floette on the bench and increase the health of Shedinja by 40. Putting it's health to 70. Then attach a rainbow energy and frozen city to deal 30 damage to it's self. bringing the damage up to 150, then use Cacturne's rapid fire needles to deal another 30 damage to Shedinja. Bringing the damage to 300, then attack with Shedinja to KO anything.

The stadiums and Shaymin have to stay, because they allow for constant drawing and keep me in control of the stadium war.

I would like to some how add silver bangle in here, because it would let Cacturne KO any toads and let Shedinja hit for 180 without Cacturne. (not sure what to remove though)

RE: Transient Cry (Shedinja / Cacturne / Floette)

I would take out a few shaymin EX. I don't think there is enough reason to have it in this deck. Especially since you already have jirachi EX to boost consistency. The same goes for sky field. They are good cards and will be great in certain decks, but In this deck it just kind of clogs it up. If you are so determined to win the stadium war maybe play a 2-2 line of primal clash ninetails and drop the sky fields because you want to have frozen city in play at all times. Also, if you play ninetales you can cut down a little on frozen city as well.

Cacturne seems like a wierd choice as well. The only reason you would need to hit for more than 180 damage is for megas and to Ohko them all you have to do is attach another energy. Even if you don't attach another energy you two shot them which is better than attaching another energy to a different stage 1 just to one shot a mega. Cacturne also means you need to play more energy which could have been kept to a minimum. Cacturne also doesn't provide any extra type coverage.

I think this deck would run best when it is stripped down to bare bones and tries to use trainer techs instead of other pokemon. Some that could really help are head ringers and hammers. If you do want a different attacker try either a mew EX or a water type attacker like kyurem Because any fire attacker can wipe out all of your shedinja with minimal effort.

Other little tweaks are that I don't think professors letter is needed because shedinja attacks for one energy. I would also add a bench barrier mr. Mime because this deck is very susceptible to bench damage. Like you said you should definitely fit in silver Bangle to hit for 180. It also allows you to knock out every usable mega, except mega aggron, with just 4 damage counters on shedinja.

I'm sorry that I suggested to get rid of sky field and some of the shaymin, but I do stand by what I said. I do also think that this deck has some potential and there are a lot of places it can go.
Everything I said is just my opinion and I'd like to hear what you think

RE: Transient Cry (Shedinja / Cacturne / Floette)

Yea after seeing you say it, I guess Cacturne isn't really going to help much... I just wanted something with a little higher health buffer So I could start off with something that could withstand at least a single hit. Shedinja isn't going to do much buffering in the state that I'm using it with... actually I just had an idea... What if I used robo sub instead of Cacturne, that way I can deal a little bench damage with Shedinja while giving me a buffer to take damage when starting off.
Yea I think I'll add 1 mister mime and 3 robo subs.

The reason for sky field and Shaymin EX is perhaps not what you think. It's more of a replacement for supporters than anything else, the stadium war is just a nice side effect. Because I've come to realize that Shaymin EX is going to be a new type of supporter line after the many tests I've done. I've used it in both mega Gallade and mega Rayquaza decks. It works wonders when getting rid of wounded mega EXs or recycling Pokémon without the use of scoop up, while at the same time letting you draw constantly. Though I do see an argument that could potentially surface against this theory (that some people could make), mainly due to the fact that the method is not perfected and probably still has flaws I either can't see, or have failed to notice. But the main reason why I decided on Shaymin EX as my main source of draw power is because it increases the consistency and speed of any deck by crazy proportions. To tell you the truth I never really liked Jirachi EX (Shaymin to) because it created a huge weakness that could be exploited by anyone. But with sky field in the picture it's another story entirely for I can put down Shaymin, simply fill the other 5 spots with needed Pokémon, then discard the 3 Shaymin when I put frozen city (or any other stadium for that matter) into play. I think I talked about this in some other posts actually... but I have to say I felt like very few people took me seriously. I mean I see the point that supporters were/are the best method of draw power in the past and current meta, I just have the feeling that the line of 7 stadiums/4 Shaymin-EX will be a better way in the future.

Still thinking over/about/how silver bangle will fit in...

It would be wise to take a look at the meta before you finalize the deck itself. I mean, Shaymin EX is powerful, but also easier to counter, so relying on it and a Stadium for your entire deck to function is putting your eggs in one basket. That's just asking to be countered.

Wally is a very powerful card in disruption decks, because not only can it get a turn 1 Garbodor, it can also pull off a turn 1 Silent Lab + Wally's Ninetails, so if you're facing that sort of deck with your current build, it's gg from turn one onwards. A Seismitoad Ninetales Silent Lab deck is also very likely to see play, given that it counters most, if not all, variations of Mega Ray, while crippling quite a few other decks such as Primal Groudon and Fairy decks.

Back