Ruling Trainer Locks

Suraako

Elemental Master
What other Modified-legal cards have the ability to block Trainers (not supporters) other than this Dragonite ex?

91.jpg

In other words, is there a card that can do what Deafen can do but is quicker and easier to get out? :D

Bonsly DP (blocks Trainers)
Croagunk MT (blocks Supporters)
Glailie MT (blocks Trainers and Supporters)
Lombre SW (blocks Supporters)

There's also Walrein ex PK, but I don't think that qualifies as "easier to get out".

riskbreakers said:
Deafen wont block roseanne's and DP+ stadiums right?

Roseanne's Research will go through Deafen since it stated there(in Draggy ex d) "Your opponent can't play any Trainer cards(except for Supporter Cards)". Since, Roseanne's Research is a Supporter, Deafen will not block it. As for the Stadiums, Deafen WILL block it because Dragonite ex d is Pre-DP card. So, when it states Trainer, it includes all Trainers, Supporters and Stadiums, regardless of set. This case is somehow similar to Mawile CG's Mining attack;

Compendium said:
Q. Mawile's "Mining" attack says to search your deck for a Trainer. Can it also get a Supporter or Stadium?
A. Yes, since Mawile is a pre-Diamond and Pearl card, when it says "Trainer" it includes all Trainers, Supporters and Stadiums, regardless of set. (Oct 25, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

It'll block DP-on Stadiums because Dragonite ex's definition of Trainers includes Stadiums. It won't block Roseanne's, however, because it's a Supporter, and Deafen states it doesn't block Supporters.

Chairman Kaga said:
Bonsly DP (blocks Trainers)
Croagunk MT (blocks Supporters)
Glailie MT (blocks Trainers and Supporters)
Lombre SW (blocks Supporters)

There's also Walrein ex PK, but I don't think that qualifies as "easier to get out".

Thank you, Chairman Kaga! I was hoping to find something less flippy... but I think I can make these work ;)

Unfortunately all the Modified-legal trainer locks require a flip, except for Dragonite and Walrein. I guess the flip is the cost for being able to break them out early.

I wish there was a Body or Power that could do that :p But I'm pretty sure that if there is, it's not Modified-legal.

Back