Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The product description and image for the “Trainer’s Toolkit 2022” has now been revealed!

Trainers-Toolkit-2022_EN-1882x1200-bd93c0f-300x191.jpg

It will come with two copies of the staple card Lumineon V from Brilliant Stars! As you can see on top of the box, Lumineon V has brand new artwork. This means it should be a promo card. It will likely come from Japan’s annual reprint set, which we think will be VSTAR Universe.

Lumineon-V-143x200.png

Lumineon-V-Alternate-Art-200x67.jpg

As posted before, the Trainer’s Toolkit will release on July 1st for $29.99.
Everything You Need to Build a Powerful Deck!
Turn your card collection into playable, fun, and winning Pokémon Trading Card Game decks! Inside...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Gashnet

Aspiring Trainer
It’s really great that they’re still doing this. Imagine if this existed with shaymin ex back when it was really expensive
They're printing these because of Shaymin EX. All people wanted was an easier method of getting one and PTCi decided to reprint the entire block and where stuck with more Steam Siege than anyone wanted and it didn't solve the actual problem.

Polaris

Any guesses as to the trainers and supporters in these? I'd assume choice belt and ultra balls make the cut; 6 special energy is interesting, post rotation double turbo, single strike, and rapid Strike will basically be the only special energy worth using so I'd expect those to be it.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
It’s really great that they’re still doing this. Imagine if this existed with shaymin ex back when it was really expensive
Please do remember that this is a "problem" they invented themselves. Design a Pokemon EX/GX/V that sidesteps the Supporter rule, put it in a rare slot despite every deck being objectively better by including it, sell the Toolkit a few months later once the price of the single dropped down.

taveryri

Aspiring Trainer
They're printing these because of Shaymin EX. All people wanted was an easier method of getting one and PTCi decided to reprint the entire block and where stuck with more Steam Siege than anyone wanted and it didn't solve the actual problem.
Sometimes I question the sensibility in their business logic.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Any guesses as to the trainers and supporters in these? I'd assume choice belt and ultra balls make the cut; 6 special energy is interesting, post rotation double turbo, single strike, and rapid Strike will basically be the only special energy worth using so I'd expect those to be it.
You forgot... *sigh* Fusion Strike Energy.

Sorry, I can't even think of Mew without feeling depressed now. It, Genesect, and Meloetta are now my least favorite Pokemon of all time and I'm thinking of taking a break until after Worlds 2023 just because playing against that deck ruins my mood.

Matthew the Fairy Lover

The Lover of everything Fairy
You forgot... *sigh* Fusion Strike Energy.

Sorry, I can't even think of Mew without feeling depressed now. It, Genesect, and Meloetta are now my least favorite Pokemon of all time and I'm thinking of taking a break until after Worlds 2023 just because playing against that deck ruins my mood.
Not gonna lie, I've been taking a break since last month because of that deck. I know I may be sounding a tad too winey for saying this but damn does that deck feel ridiculous? That Deck is way too consistent with that much of a broken draw engine. Drawing potentially 4-5 or heck 6 extra cards a turn just from Genesects just rubs me the wrong way.

But my ranting aside, if you feel like a deck or a multitude of decks is ruining your mood, taking a break is gonna be good.

TheNidoKing

Aspiring Trainer
I’ll be honest, I buy these for the sleeves. Trainer toolkit sleeves are some of the best I’ve ever used. Can’t wait for this one!

Gashnet

Aspiring Trainer
Please do remember that this is a "problem" they invented themselves. Design a Pokemon EX/GX/V that sidesteps the Supporter rule, put it in a rare slot despite every deck being objectively better by including it, sell the Toolkit a few months later once the price of the single dropped down.
The basic idea is trading a bench slot for a support card. Lele made everyone question that idea, but the TCG team don't want people stacking 5 high HP pokemon, maybe to shorten the time length of the game or putting more tension in the game.