TPCi Announces All Van Gogh Pokemon Products Sold Out

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
TPCi has now announced what many fans feared: all products from the Van Gogh x Pokemon Collection have sold out. The products only began to appear on the Pokemon Center website three hours ago.
While TPCi doesn’t make any promises about the merchandise, they do promise they will try to provide more “Pikachu with Grey Felt Hat” promo cards in the future.
The following is their statement from Twitter:
We apologize to all the fans eagerly awaiting our Pokémon Center x Van Gogh Museum release today.
Due to overwhelming demand, all our products from this collection have sold out. We understand this is disappointing to many who were looking to our official email and social media channels for guidance on how and when to purchase. We are actively working on ways to provide more “Pikachu with Grey Felt Hat” promo cards for fans shopping at...

Continue reading...

Yay. Half-assed apology from TPCi. What's new? The way they handled this event so far has been poor and disastrous. Let's hope that they actually try next time. (At least there'll be more opportunities to get the card soon.)

Please understand, small indie company, only so much they can do.

...Oh? What? What's that? They're the largest media franchise on the planet?? They could very easily make more of these products on a made-to-order basis so everyone could get what they want?

Wait...what? They literally bought the printing company and could flood the planet with these Pikachu promos if they actually cared about people getting them as they claim to?

Surely you jest.

Parasitic scalpers are ruining the hobby for collectors. The only thing that will change this is if people lost interest in Pokemon or simply refused to buy, which will eventually happen (it always does). The auto market is a wreck because people caught on to the dealerships (whom are practically scalpers themselves) adding mark ups and fees to vehicles. Now they can't sell them, it will eventually happen in Pokemon as well. I'm fine with not following the hobby anymore because I've lost all interest for these exact reasons.

Keep in mind that companies like BlackMilk, who get the Pokemon license but produce the product themselves, not only make much more product (and therefore sell out slower), but they also RESTOCK product when it's sold out.
This really isn't a bug, it's a feature.

It’s such a pain as a fan when all the cool stuff go in seconds to scalpers. Special products like these should be made to order.

We’re planning to go to Amsterdam in January to see the museum, but seems like there will be 0 Pokemon products left.

I hate that scalpers have ruined this hobby and franchise for the little ones like my daughters who love the game and franchise. This is supposed to be for all ages, but only adults with adult money can afford to do anything with it anymore. I miss the days of the late 90's and early 2000's when the Pokemon company was about the product and the fans.

If they were sorry they'd have changed it up by now. I've spent like $1000+ on the Pokemon Center store over the past 2 years and never got anything like the Special Delivery Charizard. They just don't care and I'm surprised they're even pretending to with that PR message since they're not going to change how things work.

Garbage like this should be removed from this website.
He's not wrong. Just trolling, don't feed him your emotions.

I'll just paste what I said earlier...

It's pretty obvious to me that pokémon center just want to allow these scalpers to be part of their main distribution channel. Much easier to push out products to those willing to accept the risk holding on to inventory for the trade off having exclusive promos they aren't suppose to sell for a premium.

Would you rather assemble 100 boxes for shipping and fill them with 10 pieces of merch and 10 promo cards, or would you rather assemble 1000 boxes and fill them with 1 item & a promo card?

Plus this madness adds to the hysteria and lure to these promo cards, it's just that much more illusive and has a perceived value on top of its limited run. And this isn't the first time this has happened, why aren't the lessons learned from previous events applied? Why is the limit per item set so high? Why were there functional link tied to their transaction processes before launch? Why don't they queue orders or use a lottery system? Because we the consumer will just put up with it and they as the producers know this. This system isn't broken for them as long as it continues to make money for in the most efficient manner possible. Cause that's what it boils down to, the bottom line.

We shouldn't put our blame on the scalpers, this whole thing goes solely TPCi and the various pokemon center websites. In other words, don't hate the player, hate the game.

This whole idea of the Van Gogh museum and Pokemon teaming up is great to think about. Pokemon has come up with some of the most beautiful artworks for their cards. But when I heard that these people got to all the products available, I wasn't angry...I was just not surprised. What happened to trading? It's called the Trading Card Game for a reason. It's not the Pokemon Selling Card Game. It's all about the money for people like this. I personally won't stop collecting every now and again, but seriously, what goes through their heads?

Pokemoncenter as a company is a complete joke. They say this and yet have recently restocked items that were out of stock for over a year like the funko afternoon with eevee figures out of no where. If they made most of the merchandise on the website actually collectible like it used to be when things like this happen it probably wouldn’t look as bad

Went to the pokemon center website at 10 am and was able to make multiple purchases, no problem. Guess if you snooze you lose.

View attachment 18215

Some people have other things to do, like jobs, family or other responsibilities that prevent them from sitting on the site for hours on end waiting for product to drop. Most people will get their promos when they do a reprint. If you feel the need to gloat over a single promo, have at it.

We all takes wins and losses in this hobby at times. I picked up 20 free Yu Nagaba when they went live and bought Japanese full art Shauna from XY for $600 recently. Win some, loose some. ?

Sooo... Does anyone know if the Museum is sold out too?

Wanted to visit it next Montag or in November.

I was working as well. I'm a surgeon. Went on break. Looked at the site and made my purchase. Easy peezy. Didn't sit here for hours. No bot. Just my fingers and my phone.
I had a funeral. Not appropriate to be on your phone in a funeral sermon for a next door neighbor. I strongly feel this will be printed to demand in the coming months.

Back