Ruling Town Volunteers

nigafiga

Gues Whos Back!
http://www.serebii.net/picture.php?TCG/Aquapolis/136-town-volunteer.jpg

The problem:
Must i take out from my discard pile only 5 basic Pokémon, 5 baby Pokémon, 5 basic energys. Or i can combine it, like 2 basicpkmn, 1 baby Pokémon and 2 evolution Pokémon?

It's a combination of those cards listed, not 5 each.

If you have 5 or more of those cards you must take 5, otherwise you take up to as many as you have if you have less than 5 cards there.

It says Basic energy cards, so you cannot take Special energy from the discard pile.

Since Ex's werent around when this card was printed means that Ex's can be recovered using it. There is no ruling that I am aware of that doesnt include Ex's.

Town Volunteers is from Aquapolis... so it can only be used in Unlimited.

But if you're playing in Unlimited it really depends on what deck you're playing. You'd probably go 1-2 Town Volunteers depending what your strategy is.

RE:  Town Volunteers

Zezima said:
If you take 5 each, you deck will drain soon.
Ummm, no. In unlimited, NGR is much better, simply becuase you can play more then one per turn.

NGR = Nightly Garbage Run

The good thing about Town Volunteers is that you can run 2 in a deck and not run into any problems. Unlimited is rarely filled with supporters. Supporters are the cards which you see Least in Unlimited decks since there are so many better trainers out there from base set and neo genesis. Now unless you desperately need 6 cards from the discard pile that exact turn (i.e. being 2 NGR's) I dont really see the point, since Town Volunteers gets 5 cards anyway. Apart from Pokemon Fan Club, Town Volunteers is one of the other supporters you run in an Unlimited deck.

Pokemon fan club? Ummm, no. Mentor and lanettes are both better then PFC. Steven's not in unlimited? Drawing 6 cards is sick, I don't care what format your in.

Lanette? No.
Mentor? Debatable.

Before Mentor came out, Fan club was the next best thing, it puts your pokemon on your bench just like Great ball, not into your hand... if that makes a difference in your world. Whether you want to waste the discard or not is a choice between 3 basics and 2. Fan Club also gets basics at ANY HP, not max 100 which is a big advantage and a reason why I consider it better.

Steven? No.

Most hands in Unlimited get past 7 cards naturally, it's nothing like Modified is where hand sizes are considerably lower. Remember Oak, Elm, Cleffa? 90% of Unlimited decks play a combination of those cards, almost all should play Cleffa. Those 3 cards are basically essential for Unlimited, if you dont use them then you'll lose by lack of quick draw. Item finder for Oaks and Elms brings you back to 7 cards too.

Back