Ruling tournament

Meaning redshark? If you want to host a POP torney, become a professor, and join a league. You will get connected to tournaments, and you may eventuallly get to run them.

already at a prof level but last week the prof that runs league was ill and we had nothing to record our tournament, normal rounds where ok but the top cut was havoc to sort out

I think that he means the TOM program. I think you can find the equation that it uses and do all the math in your heasd.

if some-one could work out the algorythm i might be able to work on my own make shift program

Under tournament operations. You can run a tournament without TOM. Its advise, but not nesserary.

Rounds 1:
Randomly pick the pairings
If doing aged modified, If there is less then 8 players in seniors or juniors, place them in the same group.
If there is less then 8 in masters, join seniors and masters
Less than 8 in all, group all

Round 2:
1-0 plays 1-0
0-1 plays 0-1

Round 3:
2-0 plays 2-0
1-1 plays 1-1
0-1 plays 0-1

Round X:
I think you get the idea

Top cut:
Seed it. So top 8 goes:
1st plays 8th
2nd plays 7th
3rd plays 6th
ect

Hope that helps :)

the problem is working out the top cut as you need to know opponents wins and opponents opponents wins to do it accurately had a defo but for his op we had to roll for his closest (opponents opponents would have hurt my head)

The Pain said:
the problem is working out the top cut as you need to know opponents wins and opponents opponents wins to do it accurately had a defo but for his op we had to roll for his closest (opponents opponents would have hurt my head)

O thats painful.
When my laptop died at a tournament before, it die just before the last round.
After i worked out that round. TOP CUT!!!

Top 2 was easy to find out but the other to places was hard.
Its basicly, look at the match slips, and see who played who. I then check the opponents opponents and see how they did.

Its not easy to do. Can take a good while to work out which X-1 should make the cut. Involves sitting down and taking a gd 15-20 mins to work out.

Best thing to do. Avoid Top cut if you can. Of course a premier event will need one.

Back