Ruling Tournament Organizer Question

mihoshi

Aspiring Trainer
Hope this is the right area to post this since I'm sure there are many Professors who are also LO's and TO's (sorry, wasn't sure what the best choice would be, move my thread if need be).

I am an approved League Organizer since May. That took 2 months to get approval for with the background check being done.

I have had a Tournament Organizer application out for about a month now - assuming it will be a similar wait time. If anyone knows differently please let me know! And yes, I did pass the Professor test and have worked with non-Pokemon tournaments before.

My question is, if my TO application is approved, as expected, what does it take to get a tournament on the Pokemon.com events calendar? Is it a situation where I can just log in and post it as soon as I'm approved, or do I need to submit each tournament/venue and wait for the Pokemon Company to approve every event?

I've got a few local businesses wanting to host Pokemon League on a one time trial basis, and they want the Pokemon.com online advertising involved, so a tournament seems like the best option, but I don't know what to tell them in terms of wait times to get a tournament scheduled.

Also, anyone know the 4-1-1 on hosting pre-release tournaments? I know they involve paying for cards upfront, but is this something that any TO is able to host, or is there a separate process involved for that as well?

Back