Tournament Modified Format

Houndoom

Jimmy
I have only found out about the Modified Format for tournaments quite recently, so I haven't been checking on the different formats for each year. (There are no tournaments or leagues quite near my area)
And I was wondering, in each year, is the format always changed? Are sets always removed, do they ever add older sets?
Because if they do remove the older sets as new ones come in, then I don't see what is the point(if you go into tournaments and leagues) of purchasing the set which you know will be removed next year.
I know that you can keep them for collection, but if you are unable to battle people with them in tournaments, then it is sort of a waste of a card.

Umm, if you don't buy cards from a set for the reason of not being able to play them next year, how will you even play this year? For the past 3-4 years, yes, the format has had rotations with sets being unmodified. They don't bring back sets after they have been rotated.

Each year they cycle out sets. Anything which is not in the Modified format because it has been cycled out will never return. They cycle out about 3-4 sets after Worlds each year. The ones they cycle out will be the oldest sets in that Modified format.

Umm, if you don't buy cards from a set for the reason of not being able to play them next year, how will you even play this year?

Thanks, for your guys comments. I know what you mean, but I am just dissapointed about the fact that if you want to participate in a tournament, you have to spend money everytime, so that your deck is up to date with the format. I would just like to keep my deck the way it is for a long while, whitout having to continously change it.

Well, sometimes you get lucky and your decks around for 2 years. But having a deck around for at least 1 year is pretty decent time.

just like this year, even though lots of ppls knew that LBS isnt playable after September, but there's still lots of ppls playing it:D

BTW, rotation of sets is how Nintendo make money

Back