Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new Buizel, Floatzel, and Tornadus have been revealed from S9 Star Birth! The set will release in Japan on January 14th. We will then get the set as Brilliant Stars on February 25th. Thanks goes to Bangiras for the translations!
Buizel – Water – HP60
Basic Pokemon
[W][C] Agility: 20 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, during your opponent’s next turn, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon.
Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1...

Continue reading...

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Floatzel looks dangerous, access to around 14 hammers per game, assuming they only survive one turn but playing stuff like boss and galar mine shouldnt be hard to make some survive more than one turn, which just mean even more hammers, I like it, there was a Greedent I believe that was able to protect energy disruption, might see some play if Froatzel become popular, which I dont see a reason to not, only decks that would stand a chance would be the ones that use energy from the discard like Flaffy builds

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Floatzel looks dangerous, access to around 14 hammers per game, assuming they only survive one turn but playing stuff like boss and galar mine shouldnt be hard to make some survive more than one turn, which just mean even more hammers, I like it, there was a Greedent I believe that was able to protect energy disruption, might see some play if Froatzel become popular, which I dont see a reason to not, only decks that would stand a chance would be the ones that use energy from the discard like Flaffy builds
We've seen attacks like this recently, it doesn't turn out well. If it was a basic with an ability, I am on board with this.

Tornadus - I wonder how will this works. It wasn't gusting. 4
Buizel/Floatzel - I said it before. 3/3

ShaunTheBoufflant

Like No One Ever Was
Ooh Junk Hunt 2.0, and theres a bunch of other supporters etc is set to help with Stall/Mill/Control. Looking forward to having a semi sun&moon feel back in the format <3

Nyora

A Cat
If we had splash energy instead of wash water energy in the format I'd be more hopeful for Floatzel, but we'll see. Not too hopeful for now. Epic target for Zoroark though.

Edsylan

Aspiring Trainer
If you said thing, Azumarill should be a good milling/control deck rn, but it wasn't.
Azumarill is way worse than floatzel, since you're limited to pokemon/supporters, getting items back pretty much gives you access to your entire discard pile.

vexel

Aspiring Trainer
I'm a huge fan of the Buizel artwork. With BDSP coming out recently, including the buildings around the valor lakefront resort was a great idea.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I guess we'll see how viable control becomes if it has to use a stage 1 instead of Sableye. We are getting ultra ball back so evo incense isn't a necessity with this card, and at this point there's enough recycling and control items in format that it should be able to keep up the infinite loop alongside Cinccino. Could this force Mew decks to actually plan ahead for mid-game instead of the current version that just takes massive KOS with Meloetta and Mew VMAX and whose only recycle tool is Training Court? Though the fact that this kind of deck would lose badly to Rapid Strike Urshifu makes it less appealing to have in format... Maybe if they finally reprint Bench Barrier.

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
If you said thing, Azumarill should be a good milling/control deck rn, but it wasn't.
Azumarill doesn't have any way to loop removing energy from play. Floatzel does, for 1 energy.

We have Slurpuff right now but that requires two energies, and even with Glimwood Tangle in play (which means you can't be using Galar Mine), it still recovers an average of less than two cards per turn. Whereas when Floatzel recovers only Crushing Hammers, it discards an average of 1 energy from play each turn.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Azumarill doesn't have any way to loop removing energy from play. Floatzel does, for 1 energy.

We have Slurpuff right now but that requires two energies, and even with Glimwood Tangle in play (which means you can't be using Galar Mine), it still recovers an average of less than two cards per turn. Whereas when Floatzel recovers only Crushing Hammers, it discards an average of 1 energy from play each turn.
Still. Our options for these types of deck is weak rn

Lucario's Aura

Aspiring Trainer
The Tornadus looks like it would be dangerous, especially with the Urshafu decks you could get their Houndoom or Octillery.