Top 8 Seniors TX Regionals 2012 Report!

Fluttershy

Like a BOSS!
Hey, there guys. I'm here with another tournament report. It was a rather exciting tournament and a lot of good players were attending. I was very nervous and tested a lot with my decklist, but made a quick change the day before and was happy. I teched in a Smeargle. I was happy I did. I played CMT. So, here is my report:

Thursday:
I got prepared and packed everything I needed. I would leave right after school on Friday. I didn't get to sleep until like midnight because I was so nervous.

Friday:
The day had come and I was prepared. Mokoko, Eon, and I left, unfortunately, at around 6 (a little of schedule). We arrived at the hotel at around 10. I playtested against their Troll and ZekEels. I was happy that I added Smeargle. The hotel was very nice and I had a good sleep.

Saturday:
I woke up at 7, playtested a game or two and got down to the play area. I saw many friends I have made in previous Pokemon tournaments, so I had fun talking to them. I didn't playtest down there though because I didn't want anyone to see what I was playing. I waited for a while and finally we started.

Round 1: CMT (me) vs. ??
Honestly, I'm not exactly sure what deck he was playing or his name. He said he was from St. Louis, Missouri. Well, really short game. I go first and started Shaymin :( Anyway, I draw, Dual Ball. Drop Mewtwo EX, DCE, Switch, and donk a Mew Prime. Anyway, sucks for him.
Win
1-0

Round 2: CMT vs. ZekEels (Matthew)
I had never seen him at a tournament, but I think he came with the guy I donked in round 1. He ended up top 8 as well, so congrats to him. I start up fast and make a game changing Catcher his Mewtwo EX. Bad luck for him, though. He went 4 turns without playing a supporter. Anyway, I finished the game and wished him good luck.
Win
2-0

Now lunch break started. I met with my Aunt who lived down here. We had an "awesome" lunch from McDonald's. I talked with some friends and got pumped for the next rounds.

Round 3: CMT vs. CMT (Cameron Cole)
This guy won Texas States this year and is a really good player. He ended up top 4 so congrats to him, too. I was nervous because I new I was probably going to lose since he is such a great player. I go second to his Regigigas EX. I get a turn 2 attack and he takes a turn to get some Pokemon out but can't Switch. I could not kill his Regigigas EX, though because when my Tornadus died, I could not attack next turn because of drawing poop of PONTs. The game gets really close though. If only I had gone first! RAGE! He killed my Mewtwo EX for the win of a Juniper that he topdecked off my N. Stupid luck. Anyway, great match.
Loss
2-1

Round 4: CMT vs. Durant (Marcos Garcia)
I talked with my friends before this and apparently, he played Hypno is his list. Anyway, I go first to his Rotom and Drowzee. Awesome for me. I get the turn 1 kill and he sends up Drowzee. He Collectors and Level Balls for Durants and passes because he can't retreat the Drowzee. I continue to get constant kills and end up having a Mewtwo EX with 5 energy and sweep.
Win
3-1

Round 5: CMT vs. CM (Ryan Harris)
Now I know this guy is really good. He most likely going to Worlds this year and he ended up top 4. I knew that I would lose to him. But, lets see. I don't know what he is playing, but he goes 1st to my Smeargle. He gets 60 on me but luckily whiffed the Pluspower. I triple Dual Ball for 3 Mewtwo EX and a Celebi. I X Ball for ko. He kos mine next turn. I ko his next turn. He ko mine next turn. And I X Ball his for the win of turn 3. Epic Mewtwo battle. I feel so happy that I beat a really good player.
Win
4-1

Round 6: CMT vs. ZekEels (Robert Law)
Okay, I knew that I had to at least win one of the next two games to cut because I had good resistance already. I have an okay start and kill a few Tynamo. But, he had ridiculous luck. One turn, I Portraited his hand and say no Pokemon or Supporters. So, I put Mewtwo EX active and kill a Tynamo. Next turn, he draws. Drops Zekrom EX, DCE, x2 Dynamotor, x2 Pluspower and KO's my Mewtwo. RAGE!!! He top decked the Zekrom EX. Another turn, I Portrait and again no supporters or Pokemon, so I promote Mewtwo again. He top decks a Mewtwo!!!! Total rage!!! And he wins. He ends up in top 16 as well.
Loss
4-2

Round 7: CMT vs. Durant
I needed to win this game. I see his mulligan and he is playing Durant. I hope for the donk. He says if I donk him, he will flip the table. Surprisingly he starts Pichu. I start, drop Mewtwo EX, DCE, Switch and X Ball for the game. He really wanted to filp the table :p
Win
5-2

I look at the standings and I'm in 11th place. But, Eon and Mokoko went 4-3. So, we go straight into top 16.

Top 16: CMT vs. ZekEels (Klein Houmani)
I played him in top 8 at Texas States so we were friendly during the battle, but it was really quiet. The table next to me, I saw someone made top 16 with Chandelure/Dodrio/Yanmega Prime. But he lost. Amazing things can happen.

Game 1
I start well and turn 1 his Tynamo. He plays Cleffa, so I know I can get an easy Catcher kill later. He gets setup finally but I was too fast and kill his Zekrom EX with Tornadus + Mewtwo EX.
Win
1-0

Game 2
He goes first (obviously) and takes a big lead. But, when I N him and ko his Mewtwo EX, he can't draw a supporter and loses.
Win
2-0

I am very happy that I get to stay for the next day. I knew that I would be playing against Brandon Smiley who played MeezieMew. I hadn't tested against it so that night I tested. It went pretty well.

Sunday

Top 8 CMT vs. MeezieMew (Brandon Smiley)
Game 1
I start strong and ko 3 Mews. He didn't get a Lost Zone until turn 3. It went like that and ended.
Win
1-0

Game 2
I start well and ko 2 Mews, a Terrakion, and a Yanmega. He makes a smart play and Linear Attacks my Shaymin EX on the bench, and next turn I bring it up and he retaliates next turn for the win. It was a tough situation though. (I really wanted an N off my Pokegear, x2 Junk Arm that last turn :( )
Loss
1-1

Game 3
He starts Smeargle and I start Celebi. I go first and my hand is this: x3 Juniper, x1 Junk Arm, x1 Grass Energy, x1 Eviolite, and I draw Skyarrow. Sadly, I have to Juniper. I get a DCE and some other crap. That means all I needed was a stupid Tornadus in my starting hand, or a Dual Ball and I would have won. Epic RAGE!!!!!! considering what the rest of my game went. He Collectored, but couldn't retreat. I N and my downfall proceeds. I draw no supporters for the rest of the 10 turn game!!!!!! RAGE!!!!!!! I AM SO MAD!! [*insert curse word here*] I ended up losing and he won the tournament. He played Ryan Harris in top 4 and a ZekEels in top 2 which I could have beat!
Loss
1-2
Place 7th

I am so angry!! I have the worst luck ever!! Anyway, congratulations to him. Even he and the judge said I had some really bad luck. Anyway good tournament overall. I say a lot of friends and had a ton of fun. I'm also mad because I only pulled a Reshiram EX and a Regigigas EX out of my packs. Someone else in top 8 pulled a Mewtwo EX FA, a Mewtwo EX, and a Reshiram EX FA. More bad luck for me!

Props:
Making top 8
Mokoko taking me and Eon being there
Having FUN!

Slops:
Pulling crap from my packs
Horribly luck in top 8

Actually, I linear attacked the Shay, you brought it up, killed Mega, and then I Retaliate KOd it. Good game, though.
-Brandon

Awkward for Victiniman... :p
Anyways, good job! Seventh place is still good! Feel sorry he had the bad luck though, that was really unfortunate. Too bad you had bad luck for your packs too. Good job though!

Great job! If only I wouldve top cut also :/. Cant believe I was 4-1 then couldn't win one of those last two games.

Oh, right. I forgot what exactly happened during that match. Thanks LegosLock. Congrats on winning! Wish you well at Nationals

Back